Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: virtual dj and mac

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm sure this question has already been asked and answered but i can't seem to find the info in the forum so I figured I'd ask it again. Could anyone tell me, very clearly, is virtual dj compatible with mac and if not will it be in the near future?

Posted Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 5:39 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Mac Version is under Devolopment

Posted Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 5:47 am
When is the expected release date? Are we talking in the near future?

Posted Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 6:07 am
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Mac Version in 2007

Posted Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 6:19 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
There is no given release date..but rest assured the Dev team is working very hard on it

Posted Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 6:24 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
For years Mac users have asked for a compatible version of our software. I remind of the first users wanting AtomixMP3 1.x on their Mac.

For years we advised these users to use a Windows emulator (Virtual PC, ...) and that it will you use the basic features but of course with the new video features and insane Master tempo algorythms, time have come where this way is not a good answer anymore!

Atomix Productions is working hard -along the PC development of the next version- to the first historical release on a mac platform.

As always, no date, just a "come when it's done" statement. But this time the gap is important : A different technology on a different platform requires time and lot of work !

Posted Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 2:15 pm
A MAC version would be the best thing VirtualDJ has ever done.I think you should stop adding all the trouble bug making whisle n bells and get a good stable MAC version.
I would be willing to test, and would love to remove the PC from my gear and go back to my MAC equipment.

Posted Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 3:17 pm
I agree! The program looks and feels amazing from the demo. Im a professional dj and have been looking into integrating videos into my sets. Im a MAC user though and could never go back to PC! The price and value of this program is amazing! I can't wait for the MAC version. hurry......

Posted Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 6:21 pm
Hope that mac version is released for version 4.2

Posted Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 1:39 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
will just have to wait and see wont we lol

Posted Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 1:52 am
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
atleast the uprade to the Mac version is rumored to be a free update!!!

Posted Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 7:51 pm
I installed bootcamp & xp home on my new core 2 duo Macbook Pro and the video mixing works quite well. Last night was my first night using it so I will definitely be working on treaking the OS and the performance settings to make it even better.

Posted Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 8:04 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
So you get video out with bootcamp on a macbook pro?

are you using dvi out? or svga?

Posted Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 3:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)