Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New Rig - Need A Flat Screen TV

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi I'm in the process of building a new rig for my mobile disco.

I need to get a flat screen TV to fix to the front of my Disco rig.

Obviously I don't want to spend a fortune on it incase it gets broke, but I like the look of this one:

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?NOV-LCD320

I could just about manage £500 for a 32" or would I be better off with 2 19" Monitors? I've tried the 19" monitor I already have on the front, it doesn't look bad, but would definately need two.

Any suggestions?
Cheers.

(Oh I already have a projector, but I want something to fix to the front of the rig to make it look better).

Posted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 1:35 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
maybe use a projector :)?

Posted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 1:37 am
infoHome userMember since 2021
Hi Gaz,

Replied on another forum :) but will reply here too for the ones not on that forum....

I've just bought 2 new 19" Widescreen TFT monitors for my set-up to go on top of the speakers or to be flown from the trussing for both discos and karaoke...

Thought long and hard about whether to have one big screen on the rig or 2 smaller ones and then decided the 2 smaller ones would give me more options during set-up - as lets face it us mobile DJ's / Discos sometimes never know what we are walking into to setup for the evening.....

The 2 smaller screens now means that no matter how big or how small the set-up is i can still use them - where as i'd be restricted with just one big screen.

Origionally planned to go for 21" or slightly bigger but saw an offer for a 19" Widescreen TFT for £130 delivered and i liked the look of it (as presentation in this case is just as important as the job it does) so went for that - ordered 2 and got the two delivered for free.

Used them for the first time at fridays and saturdays gigs and had people comment at both gigs saying how good they looked and were very impressed by the slideshow of pics taken as the night went on and added to virtual dj and visuals suring some of the songs - which confirmed to me i'd make the right decision really.

Posted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 4:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)