Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Wishlist - Total Playlist Time - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I was hoping we can put in a place where you can see exactly how much time is in a playlist. If is very handy in PCDJ however I hate PCDJ and have not seen it on VDJ which I love. Pitty isn't it. How much I paid for that other software and what do I use at EVERY GIG!! Thanks again VDJ!

Posted Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 11:55 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i too want this feature...makes things nicer and takes advantage of the pc...

a total at the bottom of each playlist and maybe a total time list for all playlists in one folder...

you could be doing 1st pop, 2nd r'n'b and 3rd house....

so pop may say 2:04:16
r'n'b 1:37:50
house 2:01:05

then you can play a set knowing which song will end that set.., and not go over time, miss popular songs etc

i too thought of this feature idea :)...., didn't pcdj had that...lol

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 7:01 pm
Yes could come in handy ;)

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 10:29 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Oohh it's a very good idea. I'm with you.

Posted Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 11:22 am
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Absolutely!!! I put that same wish up a couple o times. Each new update I keep hoping it'll show up as I'm still having to use winamp to see total playtime for those times I put together pre-arranged lists of music. I just did a party over the weekend where the first hour I needed Jazz, the second, Cuban, the third dance. All except for the dance music I pre picked out and had to open up each playlist saved in vdj -- opened in winamp to see if I hit the one hour mark. Pain, would like to do it all in vdj just like the other robust professional dj programs out there.

the last thread on it I've copied and pasted below:

--------------------

keyon
Member Posted Tue 6 Jan 04 @ 01:49:09

I would still like to see the total time of the songs in the playlist. It's a common feature in many professional dj programs (including free players like winamp), usually displaying it at the bottom of the playlist.
DJ Homeboy
Support team Posted Tue 6 Jan 04 @ 10:35:38

Would be tough because its just sitting in the playlist not actually loading and scanning all tracks. But I am sure its something the development team could look into.
DJ Rick
Support team Posted Tue 6 Jan 04 @ 14:51:52

I've seen this in other softwares. Never understood the reason for it. If it can be done easily, great, but I wouldn't think it'd be worth a whole lot of effort...

keyon
Member Posted Tue 6 Jan 04 @ 18:24:55

As a mobile dj, sometimes I pick out music ahead of time for set time intervals to play on automix: 1 hr. for dinner music, etc. While I get by on Vdj estimating the amount of songs, technology should just do this for me automatically. Sometimes I pick out too much. A few times I've had to save my playlist as a .m3u file, then reopen it in winamp to get a total time reading of the list.

I once had an event that required 3 hours of background music; using BPM Pro, I picked out songs the night before, put them in the playlist until the program told me I had a full 3 hours in my list. I can't do this in vdj.

DJ Rick, you may not find this feature useful but obviously many major dj software players do, enough so that there is a pattern: many of them have this as a feature.
keyon
Member Posted Tue 6 Jan 04 @ 20:37:47

oh yeah, thank you dj homeboy.
DJ Walkers
Users management team Posted Wed 7 Jan 04 @ 01:03:05

would take up mor resources?
surly they would need some sort of scan?

Posted Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 12:01 am
Yes!..., do it, it isn't so complicated..., and shoudn't take up hardly any resources programmed properly..., a simple counter..., e.g adds all lengths together in that playlst or folder...., even if you have to press a button that says total and it then analysis.., and gives you a little figure at the bottom of the playlist somewhere...

even better if you could press a "total time" button anwhere, click it on a song and it counts down the playlist and gives a subtotal up to that point..., so one playlist could have many styles without becoming confusing...,

another idea..., titles of sets or genres within a playlist...;)

Posted Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 11:46 pm
Yep! Great minds think alike...

Posted Fri 30 Jul 04 @ 2:31 am
Maybe this will work this time. I saw the other posts too. Haven't heard the request in a while. Programmers you are doing terrific! Keep it up. (...please also add this to 2.02)

:)

Posted Sat 31 Jul 04 @ 3:47 am
indeed, what vantinedj said.

i'm not begging but it would be great to have it show up in the next update. please please please please please please. Swear i'm not begging. please please please please please please....

please.

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 9:34 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
CASE CLOSED......
just make it reel.!!!!

It would make me happy(ier)

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 8:30 am
it wasn't in 2.02. How many peoples would like to see it in 2.03? I'm beggin for this... PLEASE.

Posted Sun 05 Sep 04 @ 3:32 am
Me! Ok, I already voted for this. But I vote again -- definitely still want it.

Posted Sun 05 Sep 04 @ 8:28 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
count me in to

Posted Sun 05 Sep 04 @ 1:22 pm
of course :),
A great idea once is a great idea always ;)

Posted Mon 06 Sep 04 @ 12:06 pm
elvinHome userMember since 2004
Count me in to,
would be a real great feature!

Posted Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 4:32 pm
ivarPRO InfinityMember since 2004
that would be great

Posted Tue 21 Sep 04 @ 9:05 am
They have to give it to us this time.....

Posted Wed 22 Sep 04 @ 4:04 am
One would hope.

Posted Wed 22 Sep 04 @ 11:54 pm
You have may vote

Posted Sun 26 Sep 04 @ 3:01 am
robraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, would be great!

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 7:08 pm
95%