Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Using VDJ on more than one computer...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is it possible to use VDJ Pro on more than one PERSONAL computer? Like I have the trial here on my laptop, and want to keep using my laptop to practice... but there will be a different computer I'll be using for gigs. Is this possible, or is it for one computer only?

Posted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 4:54 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Once the program is purchased you may use it on as many systems as you want. As long as alll systems are yours and not someone else's.

Posted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 5:01 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Actually the EULA does say only 2 at a time

Posted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 6:00 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
As philly said.

EULA wrote :
EULA SUMMARY:

- This license gives you the right to install and use the software on a maximum of two computers, by one person.

- It does not give you the right to rent or sell computer systems on which the software is installed, or to rent or sell the software or part of it.

- The software is distributed "as-is" and no warranty of any kind is expressed.

- Atomix Productions and its suppliers retain all intellectual property rights in the software.

http://www.virtualdj.com/disclaimer.html

Posted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 6:02 pm
Alright cool. And so if I decide to change computers later, it won't be a problem for me to uninstall it on this laptop and put it on my other one that is being repaired.

Posted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 8:09 pm
If you sell the pc make sure to uninstall the software and there won't be any problem.

Posted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 9:34 pm
Nope won't be a problem, just make sure once you buy the software and put all the work into the tracks and such that you backup the VDJdatabase. Make a shortcut also while analysing tracks to save as you go and don't just let VDJ save when it closes as it may not save all the changes. Also make a CDROM of your install files and keep the serial number in a safe spot as you never know when you are gonna need to re-install.

Posted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 9:36 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
OOPS my bad Only 2 not as many as you want.

Posted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 10:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)