Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mixing Problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have struggled with this problem for so long...maybe bc Im new to VDJ but I used to have Atomix and that little magic button mixed the song perfectly especially dance/techno and so on.....VDJ4.0 or 3.2 i could never mix the same....Two identical songs that are mixed with automix are synched perfectly, same songs mixed with vdj 4.0 or 3.2 dont sound as good or sometimes are not even mixed correctly....
Is this something that im doing wrong?
My specs are....
Dell Inspirion MXC061
Genuine Intel (R) CPU
T 2300 @ 1.66GHz
981MHz, 1 GB of Ram

Posted Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 8:48 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Scan your tracks and make sure the bpm's are correct. than use right click mouse on "Sync" button and it will do like magic button in Atomix Mp3.

Posted Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 6:40 am
DJHelios wrote :

Is this something that im doing wrong?

yeah...

first... learn how to beat match songs and not use a cheat feature like a magic "mix now" button.

I love technology but it is slowly taking this art form/business into a "easy to do" field... making us DJ's whom know how to mix and have been around a while work harder to stand out...

sorry for the rant...

couldn't resist...

Posted Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 7:20 am
2nd?....seems like you left off at something

....I was just wandering low-fat-al, no need to get defense...i dont use virtual dj as the foundation of my djing style.... but i aint gone lie its a useful tool and iam new to it so i thought there might be something wrong with my configurations....im 21 years old and been doing this for 6 years now and there is still alot to learn...i started djing with a cheap dual cd player that had no automatic beat counter and I still mixed good enough to get the job done, but if there is a technology that can take that step out why not...i get to focus on pleasing the crowd and have more options to play. Three of my friends have purchased virtualdj but none of them are working at any clubs or private events, so i must be doing something right, even though based on your conclusion " I cheat"....

....the only reason why i need virtual dj is for during dinner music and quickly look up for a request....other than that i use denon decks, tascam mixer and pioneer....oh and I am aware of the automatic beat counter on all my equimpent but its set on manual....

Posted Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 8:28 am
Well like I said I love new technology... I just don't like it when it makes it easier to do what should be skilled and an art.

When I started DJ-ing many moon ago... I used two radio shack tape decks and a radio shack mixer. I was just fascinated that I could start one song and then fade using the mixer into the next song. Then of course I bought my first pair of technic 1200 turntables back in 1990. Learned completely on my own because I knew no other DJ's in my small town. All by ear... no beat counter, no visual aid (wave forms on software), no training videos, no internet, no forums for support and tips, basically nothing...
In my own opinion. I wish that software developers like this one would focus more on the grass roots functionality while still incorporating newer ways of entertainment. Believe me I am in love with the fact I can mix music videos using turntables. It is only the auto mix and other auto features that I see as pointless. Glad your young and getting into it. Stick with it and you may be suprised where it takes you if your heart and passion is really into it.

Didn't mean to offend you about the "cheating" thing... I just think it is a form of cheating is all.

Posted Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 10:46 am
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I agree...
I am somewhat worried if I am seen by another DJ at a gig, and they notice that it has simple beatmatching done for you. I took my lumps and paid my dues too.
I've been at this since 1993, and it sounds like we took the same path.
I don't use 1200's anymore(sold 'em for cdj1000's) since they and the wax was too darn heavy.
I still get on the old 1's and 2's when my friend comes to the club with Serato.

I agree that it is alot easier now to learn to DJ, or mix than it was back on the early 90's.
I still love a kick butt mix no matter how it is made to though.

Posted Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 1:50 pm
No offense taken....I respect all dj's who spin vinyl and I think its amazing and respect the road that they laid down for future dj's, even though beatmatching is very easy these days, i dont believe that everyone that gets a hold of vdj or other programs can become a dj, there is more to it....do you agree?
I have not recieved any training what so ever, and the main reason why I dint get into vinyl was becasue I DJ for international event mostly and its hard or almost impossible to get vinyl.

I wish i had a radioshack deck and radio shack mixer...The way i did it, kind of funny....I bought two 500 watts 5 cd changers....I would face them towards me and just lower the volume of one stereo system and increase the other....This was before I knew anything about mixers or anything....so I had the idea down lol...than i started purchasing things one by one...Now i just dj and go to school, so i paid my dues too.....

Sorry if I sound offended...

Posted Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 8:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)