Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 4.1 didn't get bpms - at all

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK, tell me I'm just missing something here. I transferred this month's Promo Only audio mp3s to VDJ system and anylized the files in VDJ. The length in time was gathered, but no bpms on ANY of the files. No boxes beneathe the wave form at the top. Nothing even after palying the file. I can go in and manually enter/calculate the bpm, but why is VDJ not doing it on it's own? Even if it is WAY off? :P (sorry, had to say it)

Posted Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 8:41 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
reported to dev team to verify it

Try to scan now the file by loading the file on the turntable (skin)

Posted Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 10:53 am
I did try to scan it by loading the file. It still didn't do anything. However, last night, different day, different show, they all scanned fine and got the bpm.

???

Posted Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 3:31 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
So for the moment, my advise is to load your new songs only. Don't use the scan in the browser.

Do you see the cbg on the waveform with the songs where you don't see the bpm?
Do you have a dual-core processor?

Posted Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 6:41 pm
The last time I went to scan them in the browser, it worked as it should. The files did not have the cdg before they had the bpm.

I do not have a dual core processor.

I have:

P4 3.0GHz
1 Gig RAM

Posted Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 5:34 pm
MuelusPRO InfinityMember since 2005
this problem has been here in 4.0. I put a thread up a while ago about this. The only way i found to get the bpm was to restart vdj then scan a song by right clicking on it then analysing it. If the track length was shown but no bpm i would restart vdj again. just keep restarting til it works then once it works you can analyse all day.

Posted Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 5:51 pm
Interesting...both the results and that there was a post for this already. I searched before I started this thread.

Thank you for replying.

Posted Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 6:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)