Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Load a song w/ DAC2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK, this is hopefully right in front of my face, but can't find the answer.

I'm used to my DAC 3, my associate has a DAC 2 and we're trying to figure out how to 1) Add a song to the waitlist in 4.0, then 2) Load a song from the waitlist to a deck in 4.0 using only the DAC 2.

Right now either DAC2 mapper file would be fine. Can't get find the answer though. Like I said, I'm sure it's right there...somewhere...but it's not in the text file. The text files say they are modified versions of other mapper files.

Posted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 10:23 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Waitlist? Which of the three lists are you referring to - Browser Center Panel - FileList or SideList OR the Browser Right List - Playlist?

--if you are using v4.0 with the mapper from Daniels ( http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=759 ) then read my blog for the mapper's functionality --

Browser Center Panel - FileList should be able to navigate it with the DAC (2 or 3) inner jog wheel - using the jog on the side that a track is not playing - then use the LOAD button - again on the controller's side that a track is not playing - on the file you wish to load to that side.

I do know that currently there is no way to navigate the other lists with a DAC (2 or 3) - someone will correct me if I am wrong.

What i have described is a common functionality if the mapper has not been programmed to use a different button + jog combination for navigation OR button setup for loading a track. I mention this because some of the mapper developers do have combinations different in the various mappers.

btw, brian, you asked in another thread about a 4.1 DAC2 mapper - a mapper should be out shortly for 4.1.

Hope this helps.

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 2:30 am
cstoll:

Um..you actually kinda confused the hell out of me with all those different wait lists. lol. I'm referring to the one on the far right that pops out by default. I know how to navigate folders on the far left as well as files in the middle windows with the DAC 2. It's the far right that I want to navigate with the DAC 2. I believe you are saying that has not been programmed into any DAC 2 mapper. Wonder why? Adding a song to and loading from the waitlist were the first things after PLAY I wanted to do.

I did mention a mapper for 4.1 in another post, but until it's out, need to work with 4.0 and the shows must go on, so need to learn whatever mapper is available. For now, I've programmed a keyboard shortcut to load from the waitlist.

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 8:14 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Again, you can not navigate the PLAYLIST/waitlist with the DACs - you can only navigate the filelist in the center browser.

Typically the PLAYLIST/waitlist is the panel used for automixing, that's why there is no navigation support.

cstoll

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 1:21 pm
OK thank you. Interesting that there is for the DAC 3 though.

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 4:29 pm
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Browsing and loading a song from the playlist is possible with the new DAC-2 mapper for vdj 4.1 that will be released very soon.

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 9:29 pm
Thank you Pern!

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 11:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)