Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Performance problems - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

This is my computer configuration.

• Intel Centrino - Pentium M 1.73 Ghz
  • 1024 MB Ram
  • ATI Mobility Radeon X700 XL 128MB Ram
  • Internal 5.1 Soundcard (At home i use MAYA EX, but it doesn't seem to make a difference)
  • 3 harddisk partitions: (1)50 GB - 50% filled, (2)30 GB - 55% filled - This one contains my music, (3)15 GB - 70% filled - Backup disk: has nothing to do with anything
  • Windows account optimised with everything you might possibly thing of (no not-necessary programs, no graphical stuff, everything 4 VDJ)

I use a DAC-2 controller, which doesnt really work properly with VDJ4.1, but i'm just waiting for a mapper. :)

The problem is that i have a big performance problem. This might be illustrated by this: i loaded a song (6:20min, 8,94mb) and i timed it. I could stop my timer at 29,60 seconds. I don't really think that's normal... What could be the problem? My computer is fast enough, i think.

By the way: this computer consists of 2 accounts: one completely optimised for VDJ and one for day to day use (with a bit more graphic beauty, of course ;) ). I don't care what happens to the optimised account - as long as it's good for VDJ, so i'm prepared to do some rather extreme optimisations ;).

Thanks in advance

VanStino

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 9:03 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Songs load faster when they have been analyzed before, also you can try the speedload tweak , if you download Dj Cels registry tool you can just check speedload

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 9:21 pm
All songs were analysed before and i'm already using the speedload tweak :)

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 9:46 pm
wow, whats ur task manager say? is there anything else running

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 9:47 pm
Ok i restarted my computer, logged on to my optimised account, closed down EVERYTHING i don't use (firewall, anti virus, spy sweeper, networks, disabled touchpad) EVERYTHING. My load time on the same song is 15 seconds. Is that normal? I dont know for sure. 15 seconds still seems quite long to me...

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 9:56 pm
The results vary from Pc to Pc, and also depends on the song but 15 seconds is kind of long, have u installed the latest drivers and updates ?

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 10:15 pm
Just out of curiosity, I just loaded a 7:29 track that took 15 sec to load. There was another track playing in the other player, and Sonique visuals running, with a text message on top. Unless this is causing you some clitches, I don't see a problem. At least not for me. I can start playing as soon as it starts loading, so I don't care. I will see how fast it loads without the visuals.

OK, the same track took 12+ with out the Sonique visuals.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 10:16 pm
Lol: i had nothing running, no other track playing (not even another track loaded), i don't use video, so that's turned off too. In such conditions you would expect a song to load in at least under 10 seconds (on my other desktop computer it loads in 5 while playing another song but thats a crazy gaming machine, so no comparision actually...)

I have all the updates :)

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 10:19 pm
for you specs 15 seconds is rather long, i would make sure u have the latest DX9 and drivers for your soundcard

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 10:21 pm
OK, I'm on a roll here. It took 39:00 sec to load a 11.20 vob, with Sonique visuals and text on top. The same vob loaded in 38:00 with video playing and text on top. P4 3.0g, 1g of ram, WT192 sound card, nvidia 6600gt video card, 3 internal, 2 external WD hard drives.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 10:37 pm
I don't know if it is still the case in vdj4, but in 3.4 when video was enabled (Activate tick box in the config menu, video tab) loading takes about 4 times as long as with the video not enabled.
Ewout

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 11:31 pm
I updated Dx yesterday. Video is turned off -.-

Scanned for spyware, virusses, deleted unused programs, defragmented etc. Same problem :/

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 7:46 am
ill having problems: well this might be something.
It says Intel Pentium M 1,73GHZ
Clock Speed 795 Mhz

^^ that doesnt look good does it? :/

EDIT: during streaming i get even longer load times: up to 40-45 seconds

Posted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 9:23 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
You need to go into the BIOS and disable 'speedstep'

problems sorted!!

Posted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 9:29 pm
Lol: i'll flash my bios first and then see if theres an option for it ;)

Posted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 9:31 pm

Posted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 9:34 pm
Doesnt seem to make a difference :/

Posted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 12:43 pm
Make sure its applied, there should be a huge difference when adding on another 1000mhz

Posted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 4:05 pm
Well, the program says: maximum ~795, so it cant go any higher... Well not in the program. Could that be caused by something being broken or...?

Posted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 4:35 pm
Hmm, I have not used this before, so my guess it that it needs to be disabled in the BIOS before you can start using the software GUI interface...

Have you had any luck in the bios? Apparently some laptops don't have the option to disable speedstep. What brand is your laptop?

Posted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 4:51 pm
77%