Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Problems with ESI u46dj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, i use esi u46dj with windows professional edition xp service pack 2, and i have installed in my computer with drivers 1.0.16 as said in a post before( is the correct driver acording to my serial number u46dj).

But when i connect the u46dj to the usb port, my pc detects it as sound device. But in Start-> Settings-> Control Panel-> System -> Device Manager, there only appears one USB Audio Device in Sound, Video and Game Controllers. In the manual says that it have to be two audio devices.

In the Universal Serial Bus controllers appears the USB Composite Device as said in the manual.
I put the ESI in a hub of 4 ports with mouse, keyboard, external hard drive and the ESI conected all four to a usb-port in my pc.

As at least recognizes one USB Audio Device, i continued with the installation of the 1.0.16 official driver. Which finished Ok. Is something wrong with this installation.

When i check my system: Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Audio i only see one u46dj device installed. In the manual appears two devices esiU46dj and esiU46dj(2). After rebooting the system it appears the ESI button in the system tray of the task bar.

Is this installation correct ? Am i missing something ? I dont understand why two devices are needed.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 5:22 pm
Mine does the exact same thing, but it still does TCV wonderfuly;^]

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 5:34 pm
So i have u46dj succesfully installed ? I suppose as i have different things than the manual that something went wrong.

If it works great for you, tell me how did you configure it. I want to use three channels output ( one for deck A, one for deck B, one for samples) conected to a external mixer.

In the sound configuration i can only see esi46dj, i cant see the channels to configure. ex: output 1 to deck a, output 2 to deck b, and output 3 for samples.

Any help would be apreciated.
Thanks in advance

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 7:53 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
you can't use multi channels with the demo, last i knew it was only one at a time.

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 8:26 pm
yes, but i suppose i can choose in which output i want to use. If output 1,2,3 etc... and i cant because as said before it only appears esiu46dj in the soundcard setup ( Config -> Sound setup). I cant choose between the channels ... thats makes me suspect that something went wrong ....
Anyone can confirm if its anything wrong ? or just i have installed well my esi ?
Or someone that uses ESi can tell me how is configured in vdj ?

Thanks

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 8:39 pm
Hmmm, maybe it is a limitation of the demo, can't say for sure since I'm using the full version. There should be two drop boxes under the asio driver dropbox, one for input channels and one for output channels. I'm using the 3 line mixer option with pretty good results. Does it play anything? I'm no expert on this, but maybe you should try uninstaling both the demo and the drivers & then reinstall them both to be on the safeside, if the problem persists you've likely either got a bad unit or it's a software limitation of the demo;^]

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 8:55 pm
Did you configure it as two lines-mixer ? What makes me suspect is that there is no way in vdj to select a channel. should i view something like u46dj (1) or something like that to show me which channel im using ?

Thanks

Posted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 9:09 am
i am having the same problem,
when i try to set it up in VDJ under the audio tab, when i select 2 line mixer in says not enough asio drivers.

Posted Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 11:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)