Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Installing on a New Computer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I copied everything that appears in the Virtual DJ folder to an external harddrive and then downloaded it to my new computer. When I click on the VDJ icon it comes up installation error. I can't locate a VDJ.exe file to install. Can someone help me out? Is the install file somewhere else on my old computer? I searched my old computer but only came up with some strange file that wouldn't open.
I'm hoping to not have to contact and wait for e-service. Thanks in advance.

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 5:14 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You need install file to install VDJ. You can't just copy files to another computer. VDJ writes something into registry too that is needed to run it. Try to search for install_virtualdj_v3.x.exe file (3.x is version of your VDJ when you purchase it.) Then search for update_virtualdj_v3.x.exe to update to last version, or install_virtualdj_v4.0.exe to install VDJ4 if you are talking about v4.

That file name is for install the software. And if you forgot serial too, you will have to write to e-service for sure ;)

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 5:28 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks for the quick reply xeon. No luck though. I think I realize what happened and learned a lesson. In looking at the vdj install list I found while searching, there is a history list of installs. I just ran the install from the site vs. saving on my hardrive. The folder for all the .exe file was the temporary internet folder which I clean out regularly. I did find a disc of version 2.0. I was hoping that the automatic update from vdj would work but after it asked me and I let it check, it didn't upgrade. I sent a note to e-service which I really hope they respond to quickly. Well, nice fast new computer and 2.0 to test it out :)

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 7:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)