Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ** Known difference between WIndows XP Media O/S and XP Home/Pro O/S

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
HI,

As I continue to find the thing that is making slight pops and skips in my music and video (and my life terrible)...

VDJ 4.0 works perfect on both my laptop and desktop when run right off computer.

When the U46DJ is integrated it is fine on desktop, pops skips on laptop.

ONE diff I just noticed is the OPERATING system

Gateway desktop = WIndows XP Home

DELL laptop = WIndow s Media Center.

Does anyone know if this could be the problem from experience (no hypothesis please)

Thanks/.

Posted Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 6:50 pm
I have a POS Dell Desktop and had nothing but problems with the original Media Center that was installed by Dell. I have since installed a fresh XP Home installation. I still have some problems, but at least the system is now usable.

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 12:22 am
Media edition is what I am running on my gig laptop. It CAN BE DONE but requires even more of the optimization type tweaks than home or professional.I use a presonus firebox soundcard and at their web page for firebox and firepod there is a disclaimer where they say that they have noticed a lot of issues unique to media edition. I contacted presonus and they emailed a list of tweaks which I implemented and I can download, rip, and play Traktor,simultaneous.Since it's working fine now and since I am Vista capable ( the Vista beta is already out), when the final Vista release comes out ( due in January) I will just migrate to that.I have an AMD Turion dual core with 2 gigs of Ram.

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 12:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)