Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PLEASE PLEASE HELP! I am 1 cm closer to solving...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am closer to solving my problem.

VDj Pro 4.0
Dell lappy 1710
video and audio
Nvidea 7900GTX video card

When I use ONLY my computer to play the video and audio through VDJ it works PERFECTLY. Perfect sound, perfect video, transitions, etc. I even have it hooked it up to an lcd projector in my house and all is perfect.

THE PROBLEM begins here...

I want to use the pioneer cdj's at the club so I bought the U46Dj (serial # starts with 060 ) so i am using driver 1.016.

and I have a pioneer DVJ at my house to test with TCCD.

This is where it falls apart. After changing every setting imaginable (from usb port, to prefereneces, latency etc.) I am stuck..

It wasn't until my wife just said "why don't you ignore the cd players and just go from the laptop?"

I don;t want to do this but if I have to, is there a way to use my mixer at the club and my laptop with VDJ?
I guess I may have to use the U46DJ with RCA going from the U46 to the mixer but I still can;t get it to work without glitches, noises, etc.

Does anyone have either one of these

1) a sure fire way to fix THE SOUND glitches using the U46DJ and TCCD

I know this is the problem becuase I eliminated even the cd player and TCCD and the music and videos still glitched.

2) a way to use my lappy and my mixer at the club (no TCCD)?

thanks!!!

Posted Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 3:21 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
so basicly everything works but you have glitches? have you tried using a ac adapter on the u46, maybe it not getting enough power?

Posted Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 3:25 am
I just got back from Radio Shack and bought a power supply thinking that may be it.

Didn't change anything. The U46DJ says 9 volt 500ma and all they had at the store was 9V 800 ma.

I don;t think that it makes a difference. Same problems. Maybe I should try another driver?

I am getting closer but not sure what to do next.

ANyone?

thanks!!!

Posted Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 3:35 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
did u try turning off the wifi and anti virus apps?

Posted Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 4:40 am
What is WIFI?

Posted Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 4:48 am
If it was one of those, wouldn't they still affect VDJ videos and music when I use them without the U46DJ? how would those running things affect the sound card?

Posted Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 4:51 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Hoffman wrote :
What is WIFI?

Wireless card, it is in Network Connections.

Posted Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 11:50 am
hey Alf-
Wirelss card and ant-virus off, but you just gave me an idea. which i did a few days ago for something else. I should probably try the exact same setup on my Gateway desktop just to see the outcome. Then I can see the diffrence.

I;ll do that later today.

ANy other suggestions before that?

(p.s. I did have about 4 hours without a single pop or sound or glitch earlier in the week when I brought my laptop, soundcard, and TCCDs to theclub for a trial.)

SInce I am at home this U46DJ problem took off.

Thanks.

BH

Posted Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 12:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)