Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Plugin Effects Not Working in VDJ v 4???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey Everyone!

Has anyone here had trouble with using the plug-in effects like the sound or video effects in VDJ v4?
I seem to be able to only play the flippin doubles plugin and even that does work out probally.
All the other effects that are orignially installed with the new update VDJ cant be ativated.
And even when I try to use them, VDJ crashes or displays the error message - "Error opening XML plugin file".

I have the latest Direct X drivers and I have installed plugins that are Compatible with VDJ v4.
Also I have tried this post in the Software Technical Support forum with no luck:(

I would be greatly appreciated If someone can help me with this issue!

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 4:07 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Don't worry Bubbleboy, the plugin developers won't let you down in fixing this one

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 6:49 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
"Error opening XML plugin file" comes from a plugin by Kaleo or macourteau. Indeed, the plugin can't find (or maybe corrupted) the file called "plug_in.xml" or "BankSample.xml" available in the plugins folder [C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ\Plugins\SoundEffect]

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 2:22 pm
I think I found out the problem, I dont seem to have "plug_in.xml"in the vdj folder directory at all....
This might have happened when i updated to the new VDJ v4, some of the plug ins didn't work and as a result I must have deleted it by accident with the plug-ins that didn't work:(

After realising this, I just tried to reinstalled VDJ v4 again and the xml file isn't showing.

Any thoughts on how to fix the problem????

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 3:03 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
These following plugins use "plug_in".xml:
LoopOut_v2.01
Echo_V2
TK_Filters_V2

And ihave just discovered that there is a conflict with this file between TK_Filters_V2 and {LoopOut_v2.01 + Echo_V2}:

1) TK_Filter:
< TK_Filters_V2 FSel="3" Fcut="12222.577739" Bandwidth="442.855024" Res="0.857822">
< pos X="389" Y="87"/>
< /TK_Filters_V2>

2)
< VirtualDJ_Plugin>
< LoopOut_v2.01 align="false" prev="false" stop="true" numbeats="4" numechos="8"/>
< Echo_V2 InitS1="805" InitS2="3072" InitS3="3276" Mute="true" Beat_Adjust="true"/>
< /VirtualDJ_Plugin>

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 5:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)