Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How do you organise CD's/Vinyl ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

li125PRO InfinityMember since 2005
A lot of you guys out there must have a massive collections of vinyl and CD's. Me too, but I'm still looking for the right piece of software to catogorise them. Some kind of special database program where I can put in each single, 12', LP, CD,... with look-up possibilities on perfomer, title, album,...
Now sometimes when I'm in a shop or exposition and want to buy some music I'm not sure if I'm not already have the item? I'm also thinking of functions of exporting the database to my PocketPC (taking the desktop to the shop is not so handy) or even freedb lookup so I'm not have to give in manually each track. I already tried something with access but there must be some ready to use software available for this.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 9:35 pm
yvesmkPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Have a look at CaTraxx, it has it all for the record collectio, with support for MP3s.
www.catraxx.com
or
http://www.fnprg.com/catraxx/info.html

To get your db onto you pockePC you can export it as an excel, or use some tools from handango or some pocketPC database programs that are able to convert the access database from CaTraxx into pocket PC format.

Posted Fri 29 Sep 06 @ 2:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)