Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What is the best controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm finding with vdj4 the djcontrol controller doesn't offer you as much as it used to, can't set the effects as easily using the controller and you just plain can't do things fast enough. What would you guys say is the best controller for VDJ4.

Posted Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 9:13 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
XP10

Posted Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 11:30 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't agree - the XP10 would be a great controller, if you could find one! They also seem really pricy to me.

It depends on what you want to do. I use a Contour Shuttle Pro, since I don't scratch, just mix. If you scratch, you probably want to get turntables or cd players and go the time coded route. A pair of cd decks will cost you less than a pair of XP10's, and the CD players have better resale value.

Just my $.02.

Posted Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 11:37 pm
I'd say to say for the price and the all in one function the hercules dj control is the best i've come across. No need for an external mixer, the ability to scratch makes it a decent package. I'd just like to see more user customizable buttons.

Posted Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 4:59 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i like the mk2 console

it dont cost the earth but its got all the features you need :)

Posted Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 10:18 am
caslorPRO InfinityMember since 2006
''i like the mk2 console

it dont cost the earth but its got all the features you need :)''

mk2 and dj control is the same.. just the dj control is the light edition of mk2 without internal sound card and costs less money.. it is a hercules product... so nothing more in functions from mk2.....

you can try (as u are upgrade ) 'djshell' map for mk2 and dj control...
with this tool you can customize the buttons of your console... and more (i have it but no time yet to see and make it work in my needs)

you will find it in : downloads -> plugins -> external tools..

Posted Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 10:33 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The best controller is the one that suits your needs best. I use Faderfox controllers myself.

Posted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 6:04 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
whooa he asked for our opinon

i agree with the previous stament , the controler thats the best is the one that suits your needs.

mk2 has time code support and a sound card and tactile control
so therefore it suits me best

the mp3 contol only has control so , not as good for me :)

caslor wrote :
''i like the mk2 console

it dont cost the earth but its got all the features you need :)''

mk2 and dj control is the same.. just the dj control is the light edition of mk2 without internal sound card and costs less money.. it is a hercules product... so nothing more in functions from mk2.....

you can try (as u are upgrade ) 'djshell' map for mk2 and dj control...
with this tool you can customize the buttons of your console... and more (i have it but no time yet to see and make it work in my needs)

you will find it in : downloads -> plugins -> external tools..

Posted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 10:33 am
XP 10

Posted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 7:58 pm
DAC-3 is a very good and professional controller when used with my mapper, providing scratching isn't too important. It also fits nicely into a rackmount system.

With XP10's you need to be very careful with the buttons (These are prone to breaking), but otherwise a good, portable controller with built-in sound card and touch-sensitive scratch wheel.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 8:21 pm
Hi

Jusdt to agree with jpboggis. The DAC-3 is great. I've just posted a photo of my compact mobile setup in my blog. It all fits on the back seat of my car with a couple of active speakers and a couple of lights in the boot (trunk in USA). Ideal for small gigs. ;-)

A

Posted Fri 29 Sep 06 @ 12:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)