Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Laptop Accessories

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Firstly, What are you guys using to navigate VDJ? (when at clubs), up until now I've been using the laptops pad but it's proven unreliable (occasionally the curser goes nuts and I have to wait about a minute before I can operate it properly again). I don't think I could get used to the 'stick' on the HDJC MK2, so I'm looking for a cool mouse, one of these Micro-wireless notebook mice, I've been looking but not seen any standout products, I need something I could use on the arm rest panel of the laptop (so a mouse mat is not needed).

Secondly, my laptop HD is now full, I'm looking to buy a USB HD, anything from 180-320 gbs would be ideal, again I can't find the ideal product, value per gigabyte + decent writing speed + small, compact and solid design is needed, actually I'm mainly asking this because on virtually every product reviewed (by a user) has stated that after x amount of months the things broken down, data lost etc.

What are you guys using? any recommendations/user experiences welcome.
Thanks.

Posted Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 4:10 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Hi Bren
When you want to get a good mouse, there is only one word> LOGITECH!
They make the best mouse models, you should check their site. Take a look at this MX 1000 Laser mouse: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=3,CONTENTID=9043

About HD, you should get this model: ATA 7200 320GB Western Digital Caviar 3200JB 8MB cache, it is around 90 euro (best price for amount!) and get some external enclosure for it and you are done!
Regards

Posted Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 12:11 am
I use a Logitech trackball mouse. Works great when space is limited. (And you can zip around the screen very quickly with it too.)

Posted Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 12:37 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Logitech trackball mouse here too, the one with the ball in the center, you won't go back to any other mouse afterward
I agree with Dj Alf, get and external case, then just buy a HD off a newegg or some other Pc parts store

Posted Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 12:56 am
I agree with only one word that some of the guys have said.....Logitech...ooooooooops..... 2 words....wireless

Keep the beat sweat

Posted Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 3:46 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Touchpad on my laptop works just fine. I think it's bad enough staring at a laptop screen infront of a crowd at a club, it's even worse using a mouse while doing it. If you insist on using a mouse while DJing, no one comes close to Logitech.
At home I use Faderfox DJ1 to control VDJ. It has a scroll wheel which was designed to scroll through the playlisy in Traktor. I am waiting for Faderfox make their controllers fully compatible with VDJ.

Other then that, I always bring a power strip with me, and my laptop has a keyboard light built in.

Posted Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 4:45 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Fri 29 Sep 06 @ 12:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)