Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: User manual for 4.0

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was looking for the manual for 4.0, and it doesn't seem to be posted anywhere.

what i wanted to know was, just something small but irritating, when scrolling through the recordcase what's the purpose of the ever changing purple dots? I know the purpose of the red ones the yellow ones even the blue ones, what's with the purple ones? And How do i turn them off? I just need the played, unplayed , unknown and video dots, the purple ones seem to serve no purpose.

Also has anyone else had songs in the playlist queue get skipped over? this has happened to me when i've set songs up in automix mode and have to run to the bathroom and I come back and have been breated by customers for not playing they're song next when I showed them me placing it next in line; I check the song title in the recordcase and find that it did not play (no red dot).

Skipping songs in automode isn't cool

DJ Marcel
Resident DJ
Purple Onion Nightclub

Posted Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 7:11 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
The purple ones are showing you that BPM of that track is way too far to be mixed with the current song playing and you can turn it off only if you edit your skin, search the forum, it was explained how.
About automix, it is a little buggy but will be fixed in 4.1 update.

Posted Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 7:42 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
(From the v.4 manual currently in beta, available when its ready)
The #orange icon:
"Indicates that the BPM of the analyzed song is much different than the BPM of the
song currently playing. This might be a track that you want to avoid playing next"

Its a new feature i 4.0 also new is that song icons are skinnable now.
So you can edit the skin (the bmp file with an image editor) and replace this icon.

OR to turn it off, use this registry tool by djcel and set simillar bpm range to "0"
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2170

Automix skip is a known bug, (reported to the team)

Posted Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 7:54 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 29 Sep 06 @ 4:25 am
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks for the new manual. Do you have any suggestions on how to get help with hooking up the soundcard. The weekend is almost here and I am starting to feel the heat.

Instead of getting help from 4 or 5 diff people and trying 10 diff things; maybe one person that could see it through? Thanks.

B

Posted Fri 29 Sep 06 @ 1:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)