Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can I???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,

I have 4.0 pro on mydesktop, and my new laptop is coming at the end of the week. Can I copy the VDJ 4.o pro folder/files from the desktop to the laptop so now the full software is on my laptop too, or do I have to download it to the laptop? I do not plan on having the laptop hooked up to the internet at all so nothing is running in the background,etc.

Thanks for this helpful info.

B

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 5:07 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
No, you must install it again on laptop and if you didn't burn/save your installation you will have to download it again. Ask e-service.

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 5:49 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ ALF is correct. You need to do a full install just as normal and enter your serial number in when prompted for it.

The good thing is that you can transfer your .xml database over to the laptop and then you won't have to analyse all your music again - especially handy if you have a big library of tracks. You can also copy over samples and shortcuts and all that sort of stuff too.

Man, i love this program...hehehe...(",)

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 3:09 pm
Yes, you need to setup the software in each PC/Laptop

Because there are windows registry keys and other things, not easy to copy-paste

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 4:29 pm
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,
Sorry but I am still slightly confused.

I understand I have to do an install on the new lappy, but how can I do this without downloading right to the computer. I will not have the laptop hooked up to the internet at all.

Is it still possible to do a new install on the laptop without downloading to it?

Please explain how I can do this if possible. I originally downloaded the program to my desktop and never got the cd for 4.o pro.

Thanks.

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 5:23 pm
You have to user the SETUP file you downloades to install on your PC.

Copy it to a CD or USB hard drive and use it on the LAPTOP.

Also you can copy, after install on the laptop, the XML DATABASE, SKINS and other stuff you have on you PC.

If you don't have the setup file, ask for it again at the e-service

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 5:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)