Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Wireless Audio Sender - Anyone used one?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there

I'm wanting to transmit my audio wirelessly from my PC to an amplifier in a different part of the building because getting cables there would be a nightmare. I've seen these video senders which connect using a scart lead to DVD players but they're no good to connect to a laptop.

I wondered if anyone had come across one that will plug into a computer and transmit to a receiver connected to an amplifier/speakers.

Hope I've made sense

Andy

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 3:38 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 4:13 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You also have to look at what kind of devices are around that can cause RF interfernce, I know for awhile Nextel was infamous for there interference with Pc everytime they would ring

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 4:32 pm
Same happened here with LevelOne wireless router & my mobile phone :) Strange, but i get disconnected everytime phone ringed.

I don't have any problems with Airport.

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 4:46 pm
Just wonder though, and I'm sorry I shouldve been clearer. Can you use V DJ with Airport, or do you have to use Itunes?

A

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 7:27 pm
You can use any audio source. I have 2 airport units at home and when i mix at vdj, i don't want to have cable to my receiver (home theatre 5.1 system), but i have set to send signal from line in (at DJConsole) to that unit wirelessly to receiver, and just audio cable out. I will buy another one to place it in living room near radio that everybody in house can listen my mix just to open the radio and set it to AUX in. Everything wirelessly ;)

It is for pc & mac, booth computers can connect to it using software where you select line in (DJConsole in my case)

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 7:38 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 8:26 pm
Thanks for the advice. Will get one.

A

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 10:41 pm
You are welcome ;)

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 12:07 pm

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 12:09 pm
wigcityPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I did a trouble-free gig the other night with one, a device called DigiSender (got it from Argos 40 UKP ) which was the cheapest I could find. It is mains powered and uses 2.4Ghz like wireless computer stuff and has several channels so interference with other equipment can be avoided. It is designed for video sharing so has Scart connections, but I had no problem cobbling together phono connections from this. It was nice to be able to play fom a different part of the pub, facing the speakers for a change. I use a laptop so a battery device could be useful for short gigs (!) but for parties and pubs this is great. Now all I need is an inflatable DJ and I'll be able to hide in a different room!

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 5:50 pm
I have used a Sure wireless UHF monitor base unit and belt pack to send 150yds outdoors ,also have used Sennheiser uhf wireless Mic base and beltpack with attenuator (used reverse than typical mic feed)
at about 100 yds outdoors ...very good response ,You may need to add delay if it is satellite setup
but to mix and send to a remote main speaker platform or scaffold etc . ,Works very well

Hope this helps

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 3:36 am
A lil add -on to my post ,the belt packs work on 9v batteries ,kinda cool if you have laptop on one end
and amp on other (you will have power there for amp anyhow) ,I usually use wireless mics (vocals) for only 3 or 4 hours on new batteries but you prob . could go longer ,I am cautious so I never push them ,sides I can change out a battery in 15 seconds .

You will be seeing a lot more of this in near future ,I'd bet

BTW cheap rigs and VHF not really reliable ,but UHF dual diversity are amazing what you can do

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 3:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)