Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: windj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hello guys
just finnishing the windj skin. (1024x768)
a ful update with mostly all the 4.0 options.
ideas are welcome.

btw:there is more in the skin than you can see.
like a slider-pannel a video-pannel cue-pannel rhythm-pannel and i can go on for a wile.
hope you like it...

john

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 2:18 pm
My only suggestion would be to offer it in another colour scheme. Like a dark grey or black and have the wave forms be like orange and green. Something slick looking. Where are the scratch turntables?
I admire the time you have put into this.

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 4:17 pm
HaywardPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Your other skins look 100x better, this one is OK.

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 9:10 pm
Yo, no offense and all, but this skin is straight up crap, i kno you spent an awful long time to create it, but nobody wants to use a skin like that, with no sick interface with turntables and a realistic mixer, its the same with winampdj that one is the crappiest of all

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 11:49 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i strongly disagree, this is a pretty good skin, i'm assuming the rythm waves will display and not the song positions in the top window. there is a time and place for white skins, like outdoors. If it were my skin i would get rid of the EQ since it most use TC or a controller of some type so there is no need for them. Then in its place i would add decks of some type maybe turntables or some type of spinning visual cue. The only other thing i'd fix is the song positions, maybe make the waves looking like there are disappearing by using a white bar that would cover the spent portion.

i never understoodthe saying "no offense" but still be offensive??

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 12:34 am
I think the lines need to be bolder between the different sections, because there's not a lot of contrast between colours it all seems to blend into one.

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 2:00 am
well....
a lot of points you got here.
it's called windj..so it looks like windowsxp.

i wrote that you can't see all of the skin...there are lots of pannels.

i don't change the collor into a dark one. when the light is crap you still see your sreen.

the thin lines are a good point. i placed the buttons and i give them a command so i now what's where in the skin. maybe it's harder to use for another user.

thanks so far for your opinion.
it's good that everybody is different.

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 7:03 am
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
vdj_reverse wrote :
Yo, no offense and all, but this skin is straight up crap, i kno you spent an awful long time to create it, but nobody wants to use a skin like that, with no sick interface with turntables and a realistic mixer, its the same with winampdj that one is the crappiest of all

hi vdj_reverse
before critisising other peoples work please buy virtual dj as alot of hard work is put into these skins

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 2:25 pm
i don't like what i see and read here.
so in my opinion i don't have to finnish this "crap!".
i tought that some of you like light skins, so i started to create a windowxp look.
as windowsxp is white and gray and not much more. this skin is white and gray(even more).
i have fun when i create a skin, it's a funny way to spent my time (my girlfriend disagre!).
but when the comments are not good here, i don't see a reason to finnish my work.

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 7:11 pm
Ok, let's review.

Most of us offered suggestions and complimented your effort. A few were just rude.

Suggestions are like a menu. Choose what you like, ignore the rest. Ultimately, it is your project. If this is how you have fun, then continue. I have fun by doing computer artwork. Some like it, some love it, some hate it. That is what it is all about. How they tell you what they think says more about them than your project...that is key!

So, continue having fun, post your end result, and let the downloads signal its success.

I like the update you did of mixstation and only have a suggestion or two there if you would hear them.

Don't let a few ill put comments stop you from doing what you like!

(can you tell my degree is in Psychology?)

Ronny582

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 7:23 pm
@ ronny

CHAKKAAAAAh!
i needed that ..thnx

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 7:38 pm
Chakkah?

I hope it is good!

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 7:46 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
ronny582 wrote :
Chakkah?

I hope it is good!

You know, a written sound effect like in old batman movies.. SPLASH THUD SOCK CHAKAAH POW ZOK BANG etc :D

On the topic: good effort djjb, but to be honest, I don't "like" the look of it. Probably because windows interface gives me the creaps... But as ronny suggested, resume your work, it's your project and you're enjoying it so why not :) Those who will like it, will appriciate it, don't care about the rest.

Regards.

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 8:32 pm
djjb wrote :
@ ronny

CHAKKAAAAAh!
i needed that ..thnx

nice work, credit to you - and well earned I want to add.

DJ Format

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 10:15 pm
maybe it's not a good lookin' skin but it works like hell..
tried it many hours here and at a party...even when the light is bad, you stil see what you're doing.

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 10:29 pm
HaywardPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I agree with EROXN, the interface is not my favorite, but you know I love your other skins and I use them a lot.
Thats all I was trying to say, nothing was meant to hurt your feelings. You and Format make some excellent skins and you guys really know what other users need.
Thanks again for all your hard work.
H.

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 10:57 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
djjb wrote :
maybe it's not a good lookin' skin but it works like hell..
tried it many hours here and at a party...even when the light is bad, you stil see what you're doing.

... which is GREAT! That IS the basic function of a user interface - provide clear and logical info and usage ability. But it also needs to be appealing to become popular. And I think that this color scheme does have a potential, but probably in a different setting.

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 11:18 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
exactly ...when i make a skin i worry about function 1st, if it pretty but a pain in the ass to use then what good it is??? it all about function and usefullness

Posted Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 3:51 am
It is nice to get feedback on your work, and I appreciate all the feedback I get. Sometimes people don't word things in a pleasant way, but their comments may still be of use.

I think this skin has great potential, with a little more definition. I think that with a little more area definition, perhaps using a little of the windows default blues and green (start button style).

Above all, if you love making slins, then do it. Don't let a little destuctive criticism stop you doing something that you enjoy! There are many genuinely helpful members of this forum that can offer great CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and helpful advice. These are the people that make this forum work so well for skin makers.

DJ Mykel
DJ Format

Posted Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 3:15 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Well said Dj Format If it wasn't for the Users that take there time to make these skins then everyone would just be using a slightly modded skin or the defaults. Most people just don't realize how much time and patience it takes to make a skin from scratch

Posted Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 3:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)