Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: anybody useing the nvidia labtop card help please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ok i just got my new laptop. Dell xps m1710, 3.3 core duo 2 pross, (sorry about spelling), 2 meg ram and the new NVIDIA gforce card. so i loaded vdj Thursday took care of my music played one video and assumed all my videos would work because .... i don’t know why, and that playing videos would be just a easy at it was with my old pc. and as i know I’m going to here from everyone not to do this ever again, went to my gig yesterday with out connecting my plasma and trying it out. well here is what is happening to me now.

1)most of my videos, sound like they are playing but skipping fast, and the video part isn't loading. they say loading (some do) on the little screen, but don’t. and they don’t do this on my old pc. any help please.

2) I connected my plasma at my party yesterday, and had a problem, i didn’t have any idea how to set up the NVIDIA card to work with vdj, what i got was when not playing a video, my dell desk top background was on the plasma, i couldn’t get it off. but the funny thing that happened,(and lets just say funny because the party is over and when i was in this it was by no means funny) when i played a video it played great on the plasma but! it took over the pc and no matter what i did would not let me back into vdj...even when the video was over. so can anyone tell me how step by step to configure the card.and forgot to say when doing anyking of fade effect all the plasma would do is flash at me.

Posted Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 4:49 pm
sorry guys, i have 2 gig of ram not 2 meg.

Posted Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 5:17 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Which model is your Nvidia card? Does it has it's own memory or is it taking from your main ram?

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 12:13 am
the 7900, g-force 512 of dedicated ram

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 4:16 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
That is very good card so the problem must be in your software/drivers. Try updating both.

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 5:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)