Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Change of tactics by Atomix - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I agree 100% with the above post
-very well said... frd1963-
Music is feeling, not necessary LOCKED to a stable tempo, even for dance songs ...
You can see how so many dance songs have breaks with different (vary) tempo, or slightly alter the tempo +/- few bpms at chorus or other parts to give sense and emotion.
What i mean is, if you try to "lock" the tempo (even if this worked perfectly), you just lock your imagination and your way of working.
I use the "temporary" sync/lock too.

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 5:45 pm
I do not seen what the "shame" is in useing any new technology. All things (beatlock, sync, etc, should be on every skin and readily available. it is like a tool box or an artists paint set. I would rather a builder build me a flat/house with an entire arsenal of tools than just one screwdriver. Paintings made with many brushes and colors are better that an all black or white canvas. What will set a GOOD or GREAT DJ apart is how the tools are used not the minimal amount they can accomplish the gig by!

I personally use them all and am dismayed to see the new skin "stripped" of some of the features/tools that set VDJ apart from the others. We should be bragging about how many tools we have at our disposal, not criticizing.

That is why I like the skins that show, cue points and times, all the bells and whistles! I have more to tinker with...ways to make a better painting if you will.

As an old school DJ evolved to a new tech DJ, I welcome the change.

Embrace the change! ;-)

Ronny582

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 7:37 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
try pressing the B key, its matches the tempo if taped and if you hold it it drags them into sync, only thing i have found beatlock good for is keeping the 2 songs synced while you change the tempo of one to change the overall speed of the mix (what 'master tempo' actualy means)

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 8:09 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i have the same admiration for vinyl only DJs as i do for blind guys. its amazing what they can do just by listening carefuly and feeling about in the darkness with their little white stick

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 8:12 pm
quite simply put, a radio dj at a large consern walks into his booth, coffee in hand looks at his PC screen that will list just about his intire slots play list and pushes a button so forth and so on till his slot is done, obviosly with the entertainment coming from what he says and does on mike, now this dj is he called a cheater because of this ?
BUT what makes him a good Dj is the next night he walks into a club and plays to a croud live and in person with an array of software and tools giving the same euphoric desires that are wanted , is he called a cheater at the end of the night ? No ! because he gets the job done! he reads what the croud wants and where they want him to take them..........,
BUT a GREAT dj reads the croud and takes them to where he wants them! how he does it they dont care but garenteed there will be 99.9% of the croud at the end of that set going wow that was amazing ....... and that 0.1% that are jelouse of something that they can not do and say he cheated............. who is more important from that persentage ? the 99.9 or the 0.1 ? how you please is how you tease and it dont matter if its done with chalk or cheese ................... so long as you PLEASE !!

Love your work!!

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 8:20 pm
Rem1xHome userMember since 2006
first the vinyl users called software djing not real... now software djs are fighting within themselves about using beatlock/sync feature. i see some denying to using these features to be considered "real". lol

yall doing that are lames.
if u can use any feature on the program to make ur mixes or shows better then use them.

even if it means u just press a button and a hot babe drops from the ceiling and starts massaging ur back or doing the whole show for u.

who gives a sh1t what is real and what isnt? "Real" (or reality) is what u personally make it.

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 11:12 pm
Reality

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. Albert Einstein

All the world's a stage (gig), and all the men and women merely Players (DJs) they have their entrances and exits; And one man in his time has many parts (mixes). William Shakespeare

Automix is a great idea. The Scarlet Pimpernel

Real DJs play music. Me

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 1:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)