Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin Maker

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK I realise this might sound like the daftest idea ever but I really think it would allow a lot more creative people to create some fantastic VDJ skins.

I have several ideas for skins to create for VDJ that perform specific tasks depending on the kind of DJ you are.
But I have to admit...I'm a little lazy, actually quite a lot...I don't look forward to having to sit and write the XML file to make it work.

What if there was an application that you could import the image to be used for the skin...then you could draw masks over the areas that will perform fuctions in the skin and then apply the appropriate TAG that does that function...a bit like Dreamweaver for skins.

It the same idea as how you create hot spots in image maps so surely this isn't too hard a thing to make???

What does everyone else think??

Ross.

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 8:32 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 9:03 pm
vbjackPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have been working on the application (on my own) - for about 2 weeks and it is almost finished, I am having a few minor problems and I am working them out. I think what I have created so far would even impress most people but I am not going to compile a half finished application and ask people to use it.

As you said - the idea seems simple. and it did seem simple before I started creating the app. There is a lot of things that I didn't consider and now have to account for in the application otherwise it won't be worth anything. Please be patient and I will have a Skin Maker APP finshed soon.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=5308

- JaK

PS - you will have to create the graphics in another program as the one I am working on only creates the XML Code for you.

I posted a screen shot of the application as it is now.

http://jacksputer.dnsalias.net/skinmaker.gif

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 10:15 pm
I really dont know how I managed to miss that post before now...must have been at a time when I was just having a quick look.

This really is excellent news so I won't bother with this topic anymore, I'll reply to your other one.

Now I'll start putting some skins together lol

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 10:56 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
WWowwwowoww great work. Thanks in advance.

Posted Fri 09 Jul 04 @ 6:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)