Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Echo for Mic would be good for Karaoke

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SPARKYPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just an idea....is there or could some bright spark write a plugin that allows you to have adjustable echo on your mic - this would be a godsend for us KJ's

It would be awesome if this could be done automatically with the DJ Console.

Just an idea....would it be possible?

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 7:12 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
A lot of people suggested to have a separate plugin row only for mic, for example (I suggested it already too): http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=5487.

Possibility to use one or more plugins only for mic would be very interesting, not especially for KJs but also for other DJs.

Clax

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 9:35 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The point is that we have to record the microphone input to to this.

We also have to put this data back to VirtualDj in plug_ins... but if there is no sound playing, the effect will not send this data back.

So it is not really interesting to use it as plug_in.

The best solution is to use other little software that are able to do this out of VirtualDj.

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 12:52 pm
SPARKYPRO InfinityMember since 2004
In a similar vein, why is my laptop only playing the audio part of genuine CDG's?

It plays MP3+G's okay but real karaoke disks are coming up only as audio and it's not showing the words....my drive is capable of reading CDG's (Plextor 708a DVDRW) so surely it should work?

If the plugin cannot do this then us KJ's in the UK cannot use the karaoke plugin legally as we have to use original Karaoke disks (our law here is silly in the fact that even though I own a bundle of genuine karaoke disks I am not allowed to make a single backup of them even for personal use)

This has to be sorted as I wish to use the program in pubs etc. and it will be the same for all UK KJ's - Any ideas?

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 3:14 pm
music and sound file must be in same folder...
then i works fine

Posted Fri 09 Jul 04 @ 1:47 pm
BonibonHome userMember since 2006
ThankXxxxxxs

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 3:29 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
A method could be to insert the mic into the default soundcard (if there's one we aren't using), then apply filters on it, and send the output into the line input of the other soundcard. This is the simplesy way. It works ;)

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 10:12 am
this is a great software but a bit costly the sound effects provided are great.hope for further modifications

Posted Sun 21 May 06 @ 1:19 pm
sekatorHome userMember since 2006
hello everybady im from Poland and i can write

Posted Mon 29 May 06 @ 8:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)