Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Why is the Macourteau add-on necessary??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

wazmixPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have just started using VDJ2, but have not experimented with the database. Terms like "xml" and "parser" mean nothing to me.
So far, I have just opened files from my mp3 folders on my "D" drive. The BPM analysis is rarely correct, so the Mixmeister program looks like a great tool. (I normally BPM my music with a "tap" program.) I assume there is a way to import the Mixmeister info into VDJ.
From what I read, this can lead to problems....(which are??)...and that's why Macourteau's add-on was created.
Can someone explain these issues to a newbie?
(I've seen the other thread, but it assumes that someone has used VDJ and the database for a while.)

(The VDJ manual file doesn't really explain much about the database.)

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 3:08 am

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 3:46 am
wazmixPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That's the thread I mentioned, and since I'm new to the VDJ data-base concepts, statements like this get a big "HUH???" from me :

"Keep in mind, though, people will need .Net framework on their computers to run a C# app. Maybe, a VB6 application would be more deployment-friendly."

I guess I'm asking how BPM's get from the Mixmeister program to the VDJ database.
(It's good that I've just started. I hardly have anything to lose !!! )

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 5:15 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
- Use VDJ and scan your database and choose to analyze all your files.

- Run mixmeister with your music boot directory and export to a text file.

- Run VDJDbUpdate and use your text file obtained by Mixmeister. It will update BPM field in your music files.

- Check with VDJ because Mixmeister's BPM are not always correct. You can adjust BPM with a right-click on the BPM display with almost each skin. The "phase" has always to be adjusted after Mixmeister's update (same window than BPM adjust in VDJ).

- Don't forget to make a backup of your database after this!!

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 5:53 am
Wazmix, please not that you can adjust the BPM manually and via a beat-tap button under the BPM pop-up menu in VDJ.

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 9:57 am
@wazmix: a new version of my Database Updater was uploaded yesterday. It now has an installer that makes sure you have the .NET Framework installed, so you do not have to worry about it :)

macourteau

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 11:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)