Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: the XP10 controllers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
for those who don't have it and can't wait:

* http://www.virtualdj.com/features/hardware.html shows a new picture of something that looks like it might be the end product :)

* a few reviews of the XP10 non-vdj-version are available at http://eks.fi/index.php?page=xp10_impressions. sounds good :)

for the lucky ones who have it and can answer:

* does the tactile plate turn independently from the outside wheel, i.e. if I scratch on the top, does the side move too?

* is the scratch effect different whether vdj is set to 45 or 33 rpm feel? (kinda like you have to scratch a 33rpm record a little more gently than a 45rpm)

* is the range of the pitch slider linked to your vdj setting? i.e. can I set it to +8/-8, and if so how precise is it in that range (0.1 bpm, 0.01 bpm, 0.X bpm?)

* does it have a heavier and sturdier feel than the dj console?

thanks for any feedback...

Posted Wed 07 Jul 04 @ 8:55 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
* does the tactile plate turn independently from the outside wheel, i.e. if I scratch on the top, does the side move too?

Nope, they are attached each other, it just depends on where you put you finger (side or plate). But they move together.

FRUiT94

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 7:53 pm
* is the scratch effect different whether vdj is set to 45 or 33 rpm feel? (kinda like you have to scratch a 33rpm record a little more gently than a 45rpm)

No for the moment the scratch feeling is the same.

* is the range of the pitch slider linked to your vdj setting? i.e. can I set it to +8/-8, and if so how precise is it in that range (0.1 bpm, 0.01 bpm, 0.X bpm?)

The pitch on the xp10 run from - 12% to + 12% with a 0.01% range

* does it have a heavier and sturdier feel than the dj console?

The jogwheel have a feel like the cdj1000 plate (more heavier than the dj console one)

Posted Fri 09 Jul 04 @ 10:23 am
and all that sounds sooooo great ;) look forward to the xp10 :)

Posted Fri 09 Jul 04 @ 12:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)