Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: SPEED OF MY MIX heelllpppp

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

how can i set the program vdj,i want to make the music more fastkey and the music change the tonality of the voice,it's something strange.i want just to make more fastley the music without changing the voice

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 9:41 pm
Use the keylock function. This way, you can change the speed, but the voice will stay the same.

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 9:45 pm
keylock function,but i think that is something from settings

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 9:47 pm
floriansoul, are you using vdj4? In vdj4 each deck has a button to switch keylock on and off. Those buttons could be found on the default skin, One complete left, just above the browser, the other at the right side.

First you set the pitch at 0 percent. Then switch on keylock, then move the pitch up or down. The key will stay at 0% the tempo will change

You could also set the pitch at (for example) at +4%. Then switch pitch lock on. If you move the slider to 0%, then the tempo is at 0%, but the key is still at 4%.
Ewout

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 10:01 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
wow i'm adding this new word to my vdj vocabulary :)

so far I have

fastkey
wonky

I love this place :)

Yes, what he needs to do is activate the keylock at 0 and it will be the same as master tempo.

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 10:11 pm
tanke yopu verry much.I want to thell you somenthing personal...i don't like this virtual dj 4,i think that it was much bether 3.4

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 10:12 pm
You can always go back to 3.4. What are some of the things you don't like about this version?

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 10:20 pm
Well,i thjink that is very hard to vork with the effects now,this is not good,and with this i think that it was better 3.4

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 10:32 pm
I agree that vdj4 is harder to setup, especially if you're having performance issues. I did not have had any problems, but I work with computers all day (c# architect / lead developer). But I could imagine that if your having less computer knowledge or experience that it could be hard to do.

The other thing is that people in general don't like changing what their used to. In vdj4 some things are changed compared to 3.4. I think spending some time to get used to those changes is essential. After you get used to it agin, you probably won't have anything else.
Just my opinion: Spend some time to get the performances settings correct and get used to the new user interface. The improved sound quality only is worth it!
Ewout

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 10:33 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Hold the presses. So what your saying is you like being limited to 3 effects/ deck? Because that's how it was in 3.4. In 4.0 you can unlimited effects active. In 4.1 you'll be able to shortcut each effect. The software will continue to get better. Yes we are listening.

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 10:44 pm
no,don't understand me wrong,now is better with all effects,but yes,that's the proble,with the shortcuts,it was more easy to play the effect in 3.4.i'm waiting for 4.1,i'm curios

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 10:46 pm
Superstorm, you have hit it on the head. I don't know shit about computers, well maybe a little bit. There are some things I wish were different, but they do not affect my over all performance. I just have to get used to some different things. However, the bottom line is that this software is not finished. All of us have input into what will be added, refined, and the overall future of this software. This company has been more then willing to take our suggestions, and have implemented most. So, don't slit your wrist yet, and try this version out for awhile. Get use to it, and before you know it, there will be some refinement and some new shit.

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 10:55 pm
A man and his music,
totally agree. After vdj4 was released (on a thursday) I used 3.4 that weekend, just to be sure. The next week I tested and played around with the new version. I also spend some time to try the different settings in the performances tab in the config menu. From that week on I used version 4 without any problem.
I agree totally with you that vdj4 is not the final version. New inprovements and additional functionality will be implmented. If you only look at the history log of all the past versions (I installed and used them all from version 1.0) an amazing improvement has been made over time.
Ewout

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 11:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)