Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: how do you up load music on to vdj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi everybody i'm thinking about investing in vdj i have bought other vdj cd's but, could not up load any of my own music so i want to know can i up load my music (which is on dvds ) and how you up load it
your help will be much appreciated thanks

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 3:41 pm
drag and drop ;)

Or add folders with mp3s, and set that as favorite folders:)

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 3:57 pm
It is not possible within VDJ to play your dvd's directly. You need to rip your dvd's to vob, avi or mpg. For example with smartripper. Then you store your files on your harddrive and could play them with VDJ. No need to bring your (expensive) dvds.
Ewout

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 3:59 pm
Hi, if you mean, load it to be able to use it in Virtual DJ, as you have it on CD, just open Windows Media Player, and burn it on your computer, and then put it in your music folder, and then go on, if you open virtualdj and the folder where all your music is at, you will find your newly added songs in there.

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 8:52 am
Music can be stored in audio only on DVD discs - apparently, more songs can fit on a DVD than a CD. A good idea would be, if your computer has the specs, to put all your tunes on one of these discs, if it will fit. This serves several purposes:

Saves hard-drive space, which can be used to store your mixes, with a view to putting them on an iPod or something like that later;

If the computer crashes or blows up or simply decides not to work any more (I speak from experience here!), you still have the songs on the disc as back-up and don't have to spend hours putting all the songs back up in Windows Media Player (though you may still have to analyse them in the new or newly-restored computer - that takes time, but it's better than typing it all up individually - particularly if the original CD defies all attempts to play.

Can't thingk of any more at the moment.

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 11:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)