Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: virtual folder question?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I found accidently from a different post about the Virtual Folders. Very useful for sure.
Question.. after I have whatever files in a virtual folder.. if I want to remove them or selected tracks... how do I do that?

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 12:14 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Good question, what i did was just delete the line of that song from the database.xml that's where the virtual folder is so look for where it says virtual folder in the databas.xml and take out whatever you want from it's virtual folder. Thats unless delete just deletes the entry and not the file

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 12:33 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I'm afraid this is the only way for now, its a new feature and very limited at the moment.

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 1:56 am
You can delete it from the browser. It may not look deleted immediately, but if you open a different folder n come back, it won't be there, and it doesn't affect the original folder. Only downside is that you can add the same song more than once causing duplicates. Maybe this could be changed?

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 2:22 am
yes, there is a refresh problem with the browser.

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 3:54 am
the theory of this feature is good but it should be a little more functional before being used in my opinion.
I shouldn't have to go through my XML file and search out stuff to delete from a virtual folder.

I am anxiously awaiting the newer releases with most of the bug fixes now.

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 5:32 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
low-fat-al wrote :
the theory of this feature is good but it should be a little more functional before being used in my opinion.
I shouldn't have to go through my XML file and search out stuff to delete from a virtual folder.

I am anxiously awaiting the newer releases with most of the bug fixes now.

Sometimes simple NEW concepts are released in limited functionality to get feedback and opinion. Though cumbersome, I AGREE; it is a concept that has great potential.

What would or could the Dev Team do to make this feature better?
1. Ease of managing the contents, better delete/removal of a file - YES
2. Stacked/Nested Folders - Virtual Folders of Virtual Folders
3. ...

Please post more suggestions below...

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 10:33 pm
3) Make it in a way whereby the folder would be aware of duplicate files.
4)Enable shortcut that says something like "send to virtual folder" 1, 2 ,3 e.t.c or something of the sort.

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 10:46 pm
- change the order of virtual foders via drag and drop
- Allow virtual folders to contain other virtual folder to organize..

All suggestions are good so far.

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 11:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)