Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Needle drop

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have looked and can't seem to find an answer.

If I wanted to create an "Needle Drop" in v3.4, all I had to do was put the fader right in the middle and press Sync or Beat lock and the next song would start right where I had cued it creating a needle drop effect - plus it would allign perfectly.

In version 4.0 when I press sync or beatlock it does not start the next track, rather it just makes the necessary adjustments. Then when I go to press play with the fader in the middle- there is a lag - No MATTER what my settings are set to - and I have a fairly powerful computer.

How can I achieve the same "Needle Drop" effect in V4.0?

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 4:21 pm
hi there,

i think you'd have to make a keyboard shortcut that does the two actions, first lines up the songs then starts playing

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 4:54 pm
What I really wanted was a button that did this as in ALL of the previous versions, not a KB shortcut. Thanks though - any other suggestions - am I missing something or does V4 not do this. THis is especially important as I do not always needle drom from the first beat of the next song....it maybe into the song that I accomplish this.

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 7:19 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Your post is confusing... "needle drop" term is used for something else -)
Anyway, using the 3.4 default skin does have the functionality you want ?
If yes nothing has changed and you can easilly edit the new skin to act as the old one.

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 7:32 pm
That is why I put it in quotes as I couldn't think of a better way to describe the action needed.
No, even when I use a 3.4 skin it now follows the 4.0 behaviors. I no longer seem to have this ability.
I hope I am describing the action I desire correctly. Is there another term for this action ..."Hard Cut Cue" perhaps???

Explaination of behavior....Deck A is playing...I then have cued up Deck B to the desired EXACT start point. I then move the slider to the middle. I then USED to push SYNC and it would "Hard Cue?" on the exact beat with both wave forms in perfect sync with no lag for adjustment. This is an effective mixing technique for some instances...rather than a fade...I go from one drum beat to another exactly on beat.

Hope this helps.

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 8:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)