Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Shadowbox Visual Effects Needed

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SkiHogPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am doing a party this weekend, and they are wanting to have a Shadowbox (woman gets naked and goes into this room and starts dancing while I project images past her, creating her shadow on the wall for everyone to see). The Sonique + "30 visual effects for Virtual DJ" are the kind of thing I am looking for, except instead of dark backgrounds they need to have white...so that you see the shadow better.

Anyone know of any effects out there I can use to do this?

Thanks,
Andrew

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 6:41 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well you could create a bunch of simple bitmaps of colors and just use the slide show effect to go through those images. Other than that if you mix video then run the Negative effect on the dark background videos. Beyond that I would have a bright light ready.

cstoll

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 2:15 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Sounds like an excellent opportunity to try out the new webcam plugin, hehe! ;-)

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 1:48 pm
SkiHogPRO InfinityMember since 2005
lmao @ webcam plugin. I like the way you think.

Good idea about the negative effect.

I actually ended up looking for other visual effect software. I found R4 which looks incredible, but they say it could take a couple of weeks to get the registration code if I buy it...which is just too long. So then I found G-Force Platinum which was only $30 and has the psychedellic bright effects that I need...and attaches to whatever audio input I choose for audio flavor. The R4 effects had a much cooler "take you on a trip" type of effect, but for the money, the G-Force software should do the trick.

Thanks for the tips.
--Andrew

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 2:39 pm
akaboyzHome userMember since 2006
this virtual thing is very good
it has help me with my music
interface thanx a lot

Posted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 5:31 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
akaboyz wrote :
this virtual thing is very good
it has help me with my music
interface thanx a lot

That's Great, remember if you like support the software by buying it :)
and please stay on topic within the post

Posted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 5:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)