Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Where's The Video crossfader on version 4?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just put 4.o on my laptop. I use the gigaport as my sound card. I have sound seperated two my left and right channels on my Rane mixer. This allows me to cue up the next song in the headphones. However the crossfader at the top of virtual DJ 4 cross fades both the video and audio. I unchecked the box that says link crossfaders so that I can keep the fader in it's center position. This allows me to have sound on my left and right channels and mix using the crossfader on my Rane mixer. The only problem is I need to cross fade the video images and can't find a separate crossfader to fade between the 2 video decks. Is there one?

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 8:29 am
Yes, that little knob, next to the transition window. You can also left click on the preview window you want to mix, and it will do it automatically. You can also create a keyboard shortcut.

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 8:39 am
Thanks. Another question, how do you create a keyboard shortcut? Using the mouse to move the knob is not very precise.

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 4:20 pm
keyboard shortcuts >> video >> video_crossfader >> value +/- 128

Asign to two different keys;)

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 4:41 pm
Thanks again guys.

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 3:43 pm
Hi there,

Also, if you click on the box with the video transition's name in, the crossfader will move automatically when you start the second song playing. Probably not that usful if you want to be really creative, but definately handy if you feel like you havn't got enough hands to do everything! :)

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 4:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)