Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: FILTER controlled by shortcuts

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
We really need a filter plugin that can be controlled by MIDI. The current one can only be controlled by a mouse.

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 11:44 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Try the plugin Isolator

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 12:11 am
djcel wrote :
Try the plugin Isolator

Thanks for the reply! Can I install Isolator on v4.0, without re-installing v3.4?

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 12:49 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yes, like for all other plugins. Just put it in the right folder (by default "C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ\\Plugins\\SoundEffect").

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 12:54 pm
I can't do that. It's a self extracting .exe file.

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 5:55 am
You are right but I think you can move the .dll by yourself from the old folder to the new one.

So I wonder if isolator still works with VDJ4.x

I am not sure because yesterday, I tried another FFT plugin (in progress) and it worked with 3.4, but not with 4.x.
I have to write it again in order to use it with 4.x

This plugin will call: DJM800-SoundColor :-)

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 10:20 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The Isolator's HIGH PASS works as it should, however the second paramtere LOW PASS gives an echo on mid frequencies, and does not filter the audio signal fully.

If you use "rejector" feature to invert the sliders, the HIGH PASS works as as LOW PASS, but when opened to full it still filters frequencies above 10 khz. I'm guessing that 10khz is the same limit for a normal high pass, which is a bit.. well, limiting :) could you extend that to a full spectrum filter?

Otherwise GREAT plug-in, Deun-Deun!

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 11:17 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
My own high-pass/low-pass filter (alpha) works better on 4.0 than on v3.4, because it avoids "skips" when sliders change position. And it's also optimised, in fact sliders can be moved like a charm, whithuts refresh dropouts...

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 2:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)