Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ID3 Tags - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

+1 over here! The file system is separate from the file's content... I had to move files from one PC to another and lost my VDJ details in the process. Don't want to go through that heartache again... :(

The Browser should be used when folks want to browse through the filesystem itself to look for a file, but when a Database is used it should be looking at data that is not affected by the filesystem layout.

Metadata. Tags. Word.

Posted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 7:18 pm
pleaser someone help me when i look for songs in the songs box it just says track 1 2 3 4 son on whant can i do where it says the song title and track name please help

Posted Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 10:46 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Right click on the song in the browser. THen go to rename
See how it is named. IUf it is wrong just rename it correctly
and all should be fine

Posted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 7:22 pm
I just downloaded Tag Scanner from Downloads.com. So far this has been the best help for me in getting all of my music marked correctly. As for the search function. I agree. Break up all of your music yourself in there own directories then you can just look in Country for country, Hip hop for hip hop, techno for techno. You don't have to be that lazy by depending on the program to do it for you plus half of the id3 tags under genre are wrong anyway. As for the years you have to get pretty picky to be selecting songs by the years

Posted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 12:43 am
Now we're at version 4.2 and still have crappy id3 tag support.

Why is the recordcase (the most used part of the program after the play button) the lowest priority around here?

Posted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 9:39 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the current update was for timecoding :)

dont worry it will be looked at soon i hope :)

Posted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 9:42 pm
i like virtual but the recordcase is kinda weak compared to traktor and pcdj......as for how to use it,everybody is different .....you can very definitely make searches work using the year......also although a lot of genre info is wrong...just correct it on the fly. i try to have good info in the genre and comments and i write extensive comments like good turnaround song , wedding/very slo luvsng, gd4 schls,ditch dull intro,med trplt feel, gd garter song,gd starter, joe s. fave , EAGLES fight song...lol,etc

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 4:10 am
you are right the recordcase is kinda weak compared to traktor and pcdj that's always my problem i got with it, and still i don't know why we don't have album cover art also.

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:15 am
that would be cool.....

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 6:05 am
DJ PHIL IT wrote :
..., and still i don't know why we don't have album cover art also.

what?

what use would that be during a gig exactly?

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 12:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)