Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: the CONSTRUCTIVE thread about BCD2000........ [VDJ 4.1 RELEASED AND WORKS] - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

okey..

This is a try to make a contructive thread about BCD2000.

It seems that the mapping/midi works ok, but that most have ASIO drivers issues.

Please use this thread in an adult civil manner to report what works and dont work, so that Dev Team can take this into account for bug-fixing and possible tuning driver with the Behringer model.

PLEASE remember that this is the first version that tried to take the Behringer model into account, and if not all works yet, then sorry.. But I'm sure Dev Team will do all possible to make it work, or else we would not make the XML mapper or even try or say we're going to support it.

Understand your frustrations, now, lets try to be constructive about what needs fixing and attention.

(btw, I dont have the console)

Regards
dj in norway

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:58 pm
After the first test with my BCD 2000, here are my results:
1. asio don´t work !
2. pitch bend works not correct
3. many led´s have no function
4. microphone input don´t work

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:05 pm
FF/REV buttons do not work

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:07 pm
ASIO drivers do not work and I can't play my tcvs
headphones do not work

Dj Quintana

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:08 pm
okey.. ;)

So asio driver do not work, and did work in 3.4 ?
Hmm... that needs fixing

As for mic.. Try setting the Behringer as windows default mix, in windows soundcontrol pannel.

Does that make mic work?

Also, there is an XML file inside the VDJ install, look at that.
And compare to VirtualDJ shortcuts tab.

You can change the default mapper.... Can you fix any buttons that dont work right?

If not, it needs attention

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:09 pm
with 3.4 everithing worked, ASIO drivers, all midi controlers even the headphones if you need the xml that we used before with V3.4 let me know I will send you by e-mail and you could see the difference

regards

Dj Quintana

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:14 pm
yes, please upload the XML file somwhere.
And if you have time, compare it to the default XML mapper in the Virtual DJ4 install...

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:17 pm
I'm just downloading version 4, I'll tell you later the problems I have with it, I hope asio drivers work otherwise it would be useless, I also configured an xml file for the bcd and it was working well up to now, I'll check now.

Manquin DJ

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:18 pm
work on the XML mapper for buttons that dont work right, or change behavior ... according to VDJ general shortcuts and values for shorcuts

Then load the XML mapper into VDJ

Hope thats a start...
wont fix asio though.... that might need some work from dev team

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:39 pm

Can someone try this for a test...

Use the BRILLIANT generic Asio4All drivers for the Behringer BCD2000

www.asio4all.com

Does that make Behringer work in asio until Dev team can adress the real issue?

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:54 pm
jerrydvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have tried the ASIO4ALL drivers and it works for the BCD2000

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 11:12 pm
jerrydv wrote :
I have tried the ASIO4ALL drivers and it works for the BCD2000

Looks like Behringer needs to do some work with their drivers. They'll probably get a call from Atomix Productions soon. Hehe. :-)

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 11:42 pm
ASIO4ALL in fact makes windows driver appear to be an ASIO driver to the application. It will still not do anything it would with 'real' ASIO drivers afaik..

This would include having two separate outputs, so headphones won't work for cue/pfl..

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 12:07 am
cosmodkPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Could someone please send me that mapping xml for bcd2000 on ver. 3.4?

send to --@--.--

Thanks
Cosmodk

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry cosmodk no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:10 am
ok ;)

So Asio4all makes the Behringer work in asio (emulated low latency mode)

So, a bit closer to the issue with the Behringer drivers...

So far;
1) Use the midi XML mapper like said
2) Use Asio4all to run BCD2000 in low latency with Virual DJ4

Like Paul said, this will not fix ALL issues though, but at least make the BCD2000 work pretty good:)

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:09 am
yes, but it works better with version 3.4 since you can use everything, prelisten,native asio drivers and you can map your own xml file as you prefer, mine is practically like in version 4 just a few buttons are different but is easy to do it manually.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:11 am
lack1PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Here we go again with this BCD2000. Ok I was at the DJ Expo and I visited the VDJ booth.
They had MK2, Xp10 and a BCD2000 setup on a table all alone.

They look out of place and barely worked. I have had the BCD2000 for some time waiting for VDJ upgrade to come out so I can use it. Even at the Expo VDj staff could not get the BCD2000 work properly.

I just wanted the simple things to work. I would be happy if I could just get the headphones to work so I could prelisten.so far no luck...even at the EXPO.

The EXPO did open my eyes to the external controllers that you can use with a ipod or usb drive or even a external hard drive.......by pass a laptop all together.

Back to the here and now.......can anybody get the bcd2000 without having to be a programmer to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:40 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
fellows,

If we want to get this working please, lets focus. BCD2000 could be working with VDJ as we can address the real issues. We have many here, but remember, Atomix never stop to improve. This is a challange, and it will be addressed as soon as the Dev Team could start with it.

Good Luck!

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 8:33 am
CONSTRUCTIVE request sent to behringer.

Sorry, Paste in french, because lol i'm one of this

Regards.

Dj Laurent wrote :
Bonjour. Voilà je fais partie de la communauté virtual dj, logiciel de mixage du developpeur Atomix. Nombre d'entre nous ont acheter la bcd2000 en vue de la faire tourner avec ce logiciel, car il faut le dire, même avec l'update fourni il n'y a pas si longtemps par xylio, celui d'origine n'est vraiment pas au top et le materiel en partenariat avec atomix (hercules) parait trop jouet au visu de votre propre produit.

Mes questions sont les suivantes:

La version 4 de virtual dj vient de sortir. Il s'avere que bon nombres de problèmes sont liés aux drivers asio du bcd2000.

Pourriez vous s'il vous plait essayez de travailler dans un sens d'utilisation du logiciel (en parallele bien sur, hors de question de casser un accord entre vous & xylio) virtual dj?

Pourrions nous un jour rever d'une compatibilité totale entre la bcd2000 et virtual dj?

Par avance je vous remmercie de m'accorder un peu de temps et souhaite longue vie à cette console qui donne envie de l'utiliser rien que par le design <---- (lol leche cul de laurent !!!!).

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 9:44 am
Answer from behringer:

Behringer wrote :
Merci de votre question et de votre intérêt pour les produits BEHRINGER.

Nous savons que notre service "Recherche et Déveleppoment" travaille toujours a une future implémentation midi de la BCD2000 avec Virtual DJ. Pour l'instant nous n'avons pas plus de précisions que cela à vous apporter cependant dès que cela sera possible, une news sera postée sur notre site.

Nous espérons avoir répondu à vos attentes.

Amicalement

Votre équipe customer support BEHRINGER

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 9:56 am
5%