Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 4.0 Sampler Questions????

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How can I get my old samples to be in Sync.? I cant get them to play right.
Also, is there a new feature on the sampler?
Can we play the samples in a infinite way through the shortcuts like what you can do with the effects?

Your help and comments will be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 3:38 pm
I got them to sync. But you have to have a song playing on either deck to do that.
This was not necessary with 3.4 since it synced the sampler by it self. I'm still thankful for 4.0 and still hopeful that other improvement will be done to the sampler in 4.1 like an integrated sampler manager and be able to manage them more.

I still want to know if there is another new feature that I missed?

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:29 pm
there are some really cool improvements for sampler comming in 4.1...

some features did not make it to 4.0, as the main work was the new soundengine..

But VDJ4 is not the last ever release of VDJ ;) 4.1 is already in progress

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:35 pm
Kool. Thanks

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:36 pm
After playing some time with 4.0 I like to share the good and the bad of the sampler:

BAD (Not much):
1.Samples will sync ONLY if you are playing a song in either deck.
2. Cant do much with the samples from the drop down windows on each deck since evertime you try to play a new one it will stop the other one that its playing. In other words cant play more than 1 or 2 at the same time.

GOOD:
1.You can stop, scratch, reverse(New feature), your sample by controlling the song that is playing in one deck only. Cant do this if you play 2 songs at the same time.
2.Reverse new feature is sweet.
3.Pitch change on the samples sounds much better.
4.Volume control with keynoard shortcut finally its fix. There were problems in 3.4
5.You can sync 3 instances of samples and the same time. 3.4 can only do 2. The only problem its that you have to play a song in each instance. Could be tricky and very hard to do.

Also sound is much, much better and the key-lock feature is great. Wait until you use the KEY-OFFSET (you have to make a shortcut for that) its even cooler and fun to use. Wish you can use it on your samples.

In conclusion there is not much I missed from 3.4 and I can live with the few bad ones. But overall the changes are very good. I believe the DEV team is heading in the right direction now. I can see effects, eq, Key-lock and other features like unlimited load and use of samples added to the sampler soon, making VDJ a heck of a remixing tool.

Thanks again STAFF,VIP,SKINNERS,PROGRAMERS AND DEV team for this one. Cant wait for future updates.

THE KEY IS: Play,explore and spent time with 4.0. You can see all the features under the ALL shortcuts in config.

P.S: I will like to know how the Loadsamplefile in the Keyboard shortcuts work? Need a plug-in?

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 9:44 pm
I just noticed that when you record a sample it will not record the gain or eq changes you make on the loop you want to sample. It only record at one level (LOW) and with NO EQ changes. This was not the case on 3.4 since you can change the gain and eq and record you sample as you wanted.

I hope is fixed by 4.1

Thanks again

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 4:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)