Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ???Am I Screwed Or What???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djNAPRO InfinityMember since 2006
So i got my new laptop yesterday... I got home and setup a network so i could transfer my most played tracks from my old laptop to my new one... Everything went fine.

Then I went to test VDJ on the new laptop and make sure everything was okay and nothing... VDJ was fine but...

All my music said that i needed the license to play them... So xp asked me if i wanted to go download them and i said yes... So i went to download them not realizing that i had to download a lisence for each song ( we're talking well over 4000 on my laptop alone that doesn't count the thousands i have on cd). So i go to start downloading them and i got error messeges saying that i couldn't download the lisence. I tried on about 30 songs then gave up...

All of my songs are legal and obviously play fine on my old laptop ( i assume cause the lisences' are stored on the HDD somewhere). Now is there a way i can get around this?

I figured i might be able to burn them onto a dvr then rip them onto my new laptop but that will take forever... If thats what I have to do then so be it but there has to be an easier way... Thanks

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 6:21 pm
Is this Napster or Itunes? A regualar MP3 is not encoded this way.

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 6:23 pm
iTunes or other shop ?

And you are right.. the licences are on your other pc...
And there should be a way to get them over at your new pc.. I hope..

It your songs, payed for legally... unfortunately DRM is a bit strickt, and a hinder sometimes. Like when getting new PC. But if you know what shop you bought them from, I'm sure they have a tool or way to transfer licence

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 6:24 pm
I have some from itunes, a couple from buy.com i think. Honestly some of these tracks are so forgotten that i forgot where i got them from.

Most of them go directly to the site when i click on re-new license, But some of them give me the page not responding error like the site went out of buisness... LOL this is funny cause in all my years of djing this is the worst thing i've encountered... Train wrecks happen missing cue points happen and even once in a blue moon forgetting to throw the crossfader to the playing track happens...

But this, this is so dumb and so minor... WTF LOL

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 6:33 pm
PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Try this !
Tunebite Premium for Microsoft Windows(R) lets you manually or
automatically make unprotected copies of copy-protected music files
you?ve purchased online. Because it records music while it is being
played in Windows MediaPlayer or Apple iTunes and does not
circumvent DRM copy-protection technology, Tunebite is completely
legal and functions with all copy-protection measures.

Tunebite Platinum legally converts DRM copy-protected music, audio
books and video clips in formats like WMA, M4P, AAC, M4B, WMV and
M4V into unprotected MP3, OGG, WMA, WMV and MPEG4 files by
recording them while they are being played.

In addition to the standard Tunebite functions, Tunebite Platinum
gives you the ability to automatically create unprotected copies of
video clips at the ideal resolution of 320x240
http://www.tunebite.com/

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 6:54 pm
Thanks guy's... I'll try the demo of that and see if that works... I'll see also if I can find the folder that the lisences are kept in that seems like something i should've done yesterday but was thinking too clearly... Thank's again though

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 7:04 pm
OakmanHome userMember since 2006

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 5:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)