Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Search for tracks by BPM rather than title

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Please excuse me if this has been covered already but I have done a search and found nothing on the topic...

Is it possible already or are there any plans to add a search by BPM feature in Virtual DJ?

My mate uses Serato (good but not nearly as good or stable as Virtual DJ with a DAC3!) and can search for tunes by entering for exmaple 110bpm and get a list of tunes round about that tempo. This is a great way of working as it suggests mixes that you would never have thought possible like INXS - Need You tonight with Beyonce - Deja Vu.

Anyone, anyone......?

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 9:54 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There are a lot of things being developed at the moment ;).

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 9:56 pm
So I'm guessing this will be in version 4.0 but you can't really talk about it? :-)

Go on, tell me!

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 9:58 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I said "being" not "been" ;).

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 10:01 pm
Bummer! I can wait though, new version looks pretty dam cool as was my set last night... Ho ho ho

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 10:03 pm
Not sure if this helps, but you can sort by BPM. Just click on "BPM" on your database listing.

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 10:15 pm
Yeah, this is a feature i used to use when mixing other genres, and is a very good idea. Not to get the exact bpm, but within a certain range.

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 1:35 am
jfactor1 you are a legend, thanks for the info sir. Never knew you could do that. I have all my tracks organised into different genre folders but it at least gives me some inspiration whilst mixing music of a certain type. These 10 hour sets I'm currently doing due to the Edinburgh festival are draining me so this should make for some interesting mixes.....

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 3:52 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
In fact you can sort by any of the columns. You can sort by title, bpm, comment, artist and length.

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 5:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)