Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Music turns to Static

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
While doing a performance, the music continues to play but insted of sound I got
static. I was able to Quickly Switch over to a CD player but, I wasn't able to get VDJ
working until I closed it then reopened... Any Idea why this happened"?

I have a HDJC and a Dell d620 1.6G Duo Core with 1gig of ram
THE HDJC is plugged into an external mixer which also has Regular analog CD players attached

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 12:21 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
What you mean "static"? It freezes or what? Be more specific so we can help you. Your PC specs sound good!

Posted Mon 21 Aug 06 @ 2:25 am
Do you mean that you get a loud "buzzing" sound after a few hours of continuous playing? Cuz i have the same issue that I can't resolve either. I was told it is common in cracked versions, which i had at one point, but even after purchasing a copy and removing the old version, its still doing the same thing.

Posted Mon 21 Aug 06 @ 2:34 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Try to reinstall windows, you can't clean your PC registry good enough to delete all fragments left from a cracked version.

Posted Mon 21 Aug 06 @ 2:42 am
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have the DJconsole version

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 2:58 pm
DJ-ALF wrote :
Try to reinstall windows, you can't clean your PC registry good enough to delete all fragments left from a cracked version.

Are you serious? :-) I thought that people said stuff like "That bug happens because you have the cracked version", just to get you to buy the software. :-)

Reinstalling Windows and reformatting your hard drives takes a long time. I've done it at least ten times and yes, your computer will be faster at first, but remember to backup! Once SP3 comes out (This Fall) for Windows XP, I might reformat my hard drive to be on the safe side. In order to get SP2 to work, I had to do all of this.

For your information, I have played for about 5 hours straight with no audio problems with Version 3.4. I don't know why that could be happening, unless it's related to your configuration.

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 3:30 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
it could always be that you've downloaded a 'dodgy' mp3, and the song has been scrambled happens alot with p2p programs

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 3:45 pm
i created a new partition on my HD (so i didn't have to format) and installed windows and VDJ on it, and all my problems went away! I let the program run for about 15 hours, and it performed flawlessly! It must really be a bug in the cracked versions.

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 9:01 pm

it IS a bug in cracked versions... it makes a loud buzz after some hours of use. Can even destroy speakers (a friendly warning to those using cracked versions)

Most users get rid of that bug by installing the legal version, but guess you had some "left-overs" from the cracked version.

Glad a new partition helped though... although that leaves the first partition with the crack bug still.

But you can always run from 2nd partition, or reformat ...

Again, your the first user that have not had the problem fixed directly with an install of the legal version, so most users will have the nasty cracked version bug fixed by simply installing the legal version

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 9:11 pm
Yea, the crack bug is still on my 1st partition, even though i uninstalled VDJ from it, so i'll just use my 2nd partition when i DJ (no problem cuz i can still see all my music on my 1st partition anyway). That just means that if i ever wanted to put VDJ back on my first partition, i will have to format. But i dont foresee the need for that, as long as VDJ works fine on my 2nd partition, as it has thus far.

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 10:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)