Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJ's in Iraq

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

zurealPRO InfinityMember since 2004
So here I am, a civilian contractor stationed in Iraq. Imagine an abandoned underground Iraqi bunker, HUGE space. VDJ 2.0, laptop, decent set of speakers and about 50 people dancing to Techno/HipHop/Latino music and the only illumination is chem lights since that's all we had. That was my first VDJ 2.0 DJ experience. Nothing quite like it. Props to the team, 2.0 worked without a hitch, I even recorded the whole 4+ hour set to MP3 format.

Anyone else over here using VDJ on a US Army post?

Posted Sun 27 Jun 04 @ 12:32 pm
wow... thats a spesial setting... dj's move in mysterious ways :)

Posted Sun 27 Jun 04 @ 2:12 pm
cyberiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think moderators should disallow discussions about politics and religion. Flaming wars would appear en masse on this very useful, to the point discussion board about VDJ.

Keep it light, dudes! Beer, women, cars, and, of course, music and VDJ.

DJ-In-Norway, let me know when you are on your way to Florida. Bring a few blondes with you, too.

Peace.

Posted Sun 27 Jun 04 @ 7:32 pm
agree... let's leave politics out of the board ;)

and Florida... yeah!! that would be cool, play at a beach party.... ;) with my norwegian blondes hanging around the dj-set...hehe

Posted Sun 27 Jun 04 @ 7:48 pm
Exactly, discussions about politics and religion will not be allowed

Thanks

Posted Sun 27 Jun 04 @ 9:38 pm
zurealPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I didn't post anything about religion or politics. I was just saying that I'm here, in Iraq, working with the Army, and I had a great experience with VDJ and kicking it with some soldiers and wondering if anyone else was over here also trying to have a good time!

It's not exactly easy to do, have a good time over here, but we do our best, and everyone who sees VDJ over here is amazed at the things I can do with the music. Lots of people have been interested in also buying the software, just in the small group of people that have seen me in action.

The only politics you'll see from me, is the politics of fun baby! :D

Posted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 6:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)