Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Backup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have seen where some poeple are using IPod for backup. Usually this is only if a glitch happens and your computer has to be restarted.
WHat if you cannot get the system back up? What are you using in case this happens?

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 5:20 pm
I've had a backup twin CD player with me for months in case VDJ crashes or glitches, but haven't needed to use it once. I carry a coup[le of the soft CD cases with loads of material, but it's really unnecessary in my case because as I said, it's all worked fine. I'd just stick to the ipod because there isn't any point in worrying about things that might never happen.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 5:24 pm
I have a dual cd player in my rack, at the moment. The ipod thing would not work for me, unless I had 2. I believe that if it can go wrong, it will. My next backup will be the computer I am using now ( I'm building another one), a laptop, or one of the new hard drive controllers. I have a backup for everything. I have been around too long, and can tell you a million horror stories.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 9:55 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I also have a dual cd player in my rack at the moment. Used it only twice, when I first got VDJ.
Haven't used it in over a year now. I do have another computer that I carry with me.
Just have to find the time to revamp things and get rid of the cd player.

Posted Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 2:27 pm
I'm definately in the duel cd player backup club! If you're getting paid to DJ, then you should really be able get through a whole night even if there's problems. (You never know when sombody might spill a drink on your laptop!) :(

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 3:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)