Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Extension classes...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi guys!
I really like the freedom we've with plugins, but sometimes I found I had to rewrite always the same things... so I'm writing some header/source files to be included with the DSP. It is directly compatible with the underlying VDJ interface, but not with source codes, as I redefined almost everyting (types, parameters, names) to follow my "style".
Now I'm trying to program a Graphical User Interface to be used with custom interface plugins... it doesn't seem too difficult with Object-Orineted languages like C++... and it will be flexible enough to be used also with other systems, so it might become useful for those who want to port plugins made this way to a probable Macintosh version of VirtualDJ.
Now I haven't tried it, because I'm still programming the underlying "engine", but I think it will work since the beginning, as it's powerful like MFC (oh well, not so much but enough to be used with plugins), but it still uses simple objects, like lines, rectangles, texts, buttons, sliders, hotspots, bitmaps; the common class, called CObject, can be extended to make other custom controls, like scrollers for example (two buttons and one slider).
I hope this will work and will also be useful.
The only problem is that you can't link your controls with VDJ shortcuts... but I had another idea. After making this GUI (which isn't a small project, so it will take much time to be done, if I'll be able to finish it), I would make a common MIDI interface, so you can hook your controls to your favourite MIDI hardware (keyboards, pads, custom controllers), and reach them in any moment (not only when the effect is show on the screen). However, this method will only work with custom interface plugins (it runs on another thread), so you must still use the given shortcuts for standard interfaced plugins.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 2:17 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You should wait for the version 4 before starting this project. Just my thought.

Posted Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 10:49 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Don't worry Cel, I'm just writing the underlying engine, which will be also compatible with my own OpenGL projects, so it won't be a problem to port it to version 4.0 I think!

Posted Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 1:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)