Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Some advice on equip that works with vdj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

owniebPRO InfinityMember since 2006
What's up? I'm new to virtual dj, but I love it. I've been a dj for about a year and I have gotten, what I am told, is an unusual amount of business. I am about to upgrade some equipment. I'm using the numark 200usb mixer...don't need separate soundcards to run virtual dj! it's great. However, I would like to now use my cd player in concert with the program, so I'm going to upgrade. So I need your opinions and/or suggestions. I've been looking at the numark cdn-95, or the denon dn-d6000. The denon does not say that it is midi capable, and the numark does. Also, one of my friends has the denon, and the other has the numark. Both have told me that the other stinks....help?

Owen

Posted Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 11:34 pm
Go to visit each of your friends and try each player yourself..

Posted Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 11:51 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yeah, equipment can be a very subjective thing, you just need to find what's right for you. Personally, I like the big full size platter that the numark has, and I reckon the scratch emulation sounds and feels way better than the pioneers, but there's plenty of people out there who would tell me I was talking rubbish. Lest we forget the recent PC vs Mac debate as well... ;-)

Try out as much different kit as you can, and take your time - sometimes it takes a while to get past a new piece of kit's "wow" factor before you can really see what it's like...

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 1:34 am
Maybe I didn't express myself correctly. I actually like the denon dn-d6000 a little bit better, but I don't know if it will control the program like the numark will. I also wanted your opinions about the two cd players. I have already tried both and I wanted to share others' experiences with them.

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 11:36 pm
Nobody has any opinions on this?

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 7:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)