Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: More than 1 action

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a way to apply more than 1 action to a button?

Greg

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 1:11 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
you can assign a rightclick value or double click value

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 9:20 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Is there a way to have a button do something while in pause, and the same button do another action when playing?

Or even better, have the jogwheel scratch through the track, but if loop is activated the jogwheel changes the length of the loop?

I was thinking of pannels to do that, but i'm not sure it is possible. And i would prefer knowing it is possible before i try it.

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 1:59 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
pannels is probably your best best, u should be able to assigned the loop button to also be a pannel button, but sounds like a mess of headaches...skinning is so addictive eh

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 6:04 pm
Have tried many different ways to add two different functions to buttons, either by scripting the button twice or assigning functions to leftclick/rightclick combinations. So far I have drawn a blank.

As to defining actions relating to deck state (play/stop) I don't think this is possible, unless the function is relative (such as stop/cue command)

I do agree with phillydj on pannels, and have used pannels to map different functions to buttons, albeit using the same graphics. Go ahead and give it your ideas a try, if you hit any difficulties, there are lots of users out here willing to lend a hand...

see post http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/53154/Skins/CUSTOM_SKIN_SERVICE.html

DJ Mykel
DJ Format

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 6:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)