Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Problem with sound quality

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I've an Hercules DJ Console & Virtual DJ provided
I try to use it on a laptop :
- ACER Athlon 64 3000
- 512 Mo RAM
- 40 Go (4200 Tr/2 Mo cache)

The sound is disturbed every 5 minutes. And don"t know why.
Is there anyone who can say to me what is the problem.

More informations :
- I've tried to disable Windows services
- I've tried to disable Norton anti-virus

Thanks for help
Fred

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 12:01 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
have you tried to disable infer red and networking ports, sounds like its hunting for a network also kill any wi-fi services you may have.

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 12:39 pm
also... look for irq conflicts... (usb should be alone, most often irq 9)

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 1:33 pm
Are you using WinXP? Because if you do, I've also had a similar problem... It might be a driver problem. When I had the problem, winxp had installed the "USB Audio Device" driver instead of the DJConsole's driver. When I changed it back to the right driver, I had no more sound problems. (It had installed only 3 of the 4 'devices' properly (with the Hercules driver)).

I believe WinXP installs this driver as default because it's digitally signed, and Hercules' driver is not. This might not be the problem though.

Regards, macourteau

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 6:27 pm
true... had same problem..

also, download the latest driver/firmware from hercules.
its a huge improvement :)

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 6:34 pm
I also read somewhere on the Hercules website that you should disable any OnBoard audio cards in your BIOS... I haven't tried it, but you should give it a try ;)

macourteau

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 6:41 pm
usb sound card don't have any thing to do with your onboad sound if you are useing pci sound card you need to disable the onboad one but usb don't do anything to do with your sound on your laptop or desktop,there are some laptop that are not good for music I say if you going use a laptop for msuic sony or toshiba are the top ones,and to the guy are you useing any usb 2.0 hub if so don't you should plug it in the laptop usb port not the hub.

Posted Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 5:49 pm
Actually, the DJConsole works better if plugged on a powered USB Hub by itself. It solves some problems (such as the optical out not working on some 'underpowered' PCs). I've had the USB Audio driver problem only on my laptop. It never happened on my desktop PCs, but when I switched the driver back to the good Hercules driver, I didn't have the problem... :)

macourteau

Posted Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 6:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)