Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: will we ever see FS support

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

it would be pretty cool to use VDJ with final scratch as a controller

please post here if ur interested it might happen if there are enough people interested

Posted Thu 24 Jun 04 @ 3:54 am
ProtoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I am.

Proto

Posted Thu 24 Jun 04 @ 10:50 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
me 2.

erXon

Posted Thu 24 Jun 04 @ 3:26 pm
I read some topic about final scratch on other mixing software forum, and i can see that they have a exclusivity with a other software.

Posted Thu 24 Jun 04 @ 3:46 pm
Maybe it is possible to make a plug-in from the Dvinyl driver that could be tweaked by home users to get it to work with Final Scratch. That should be legal!

Proto

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 7:50 am
Proto & Erxon...
Would love to try D-Vinyl myself :) play around with..

but really guys, d-vinyl was first supported in v.2.0, and is a VERY new technology in VDJ, so is not going to work perfect in first version! No software works great and never update ;) LOL.. so please, be a little patience ;) hehe..

I know how it is to have new hardware, and it don't work at a 100% - but D-vinyl is going to be developed further and will see improvements in next versions :)
(development team posted a post about this)

D-vinyl (and not Final Scratch, that are locked to other software) is going to be VDJ's vinyl solution, I'm pretty sure... and is going to be as good as or better than Final Scratch, I'm pretty sure too...why shouldn't it be! :) just give it a little time to evolve.... the first try was not bound to be perfect ;) way and see.... and post at "new features" what is needed and other suggestions :)

Would love to try D-vinyl myself someday ;) would be fun to play with a vinyl and see VDJ work along with it....

Good luck guys, test it hard, and post what must be changed and made better ;) thats all

Dj In Norway

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 8:59 am
@ Dj In Nowrway

"d-vinyl was first supported in v.2.0, and is a VERY new technology in VDJ, so is not going to work perfect in first version!"

I know, I know :) I wrote that somewhere in the forum too ;) It's great that it is supported, and I am waiting for a new version with better solutions for few "problems" that exist. The only thing why I'm hoping for FS support is it's simplicity. I mean, one small (round, nice looking) device that transfers the timecode from TT's to comp., that's all I need. The controller thing still is a bit pricy for me, since I would very rarely use it. I mean, CD's can always be put into a computer, and opened with VDJ, so I have two options:

a) a controller (D-vInyl it this case) + computer

or

b) turntables + mixer + timecode transfer device and a computer.

and because I preffer option b), a cheaper "transfer" device would come really handy :)

Regards, erXon

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 10:37 am
understand your argument, erxon ';)
only thing is that I think FS is as of now, locked to other software... but maybe even d-vinyl will develop too, when vdj and other softwares (not mentioning names...lol) starts supporting d-vinyl...

who knows, maybe a more portable solution will be developed :) is all pretty new, for both parties... :)

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 1:32 pm
shame 4 FS... but looking forward to D-Vinyl ;) lol

patience, patience :P (can't handle it :P)

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 5:31 pm
LOL ;) I know the feeling ...hehe

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 5:53 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I wished it worked too with FS. I was one of the first few on the East Coast that bought FS. I would buy D vinyl but I am tired of spending money. I have 5 different programs that do a specific aspect of music that I need. Wish one program did it all. I def. would like to run VDJ thru my FS than the FS program.

Posted Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 2:33 pm
I fully support Dvinyl. I love it. But they are two big reasons why Final Scratch is better: market penetration and size of the hardware.

We can work on the first issue and Soundgraph should work on the second issue ;-).

A big problem with FS seems to be calibration. If there is anything wrong with the set-up of the turntables it wont work. Dvinyl seems to work always. I feel much more safe with Dvinyl.

Proto

Posted Sun 27 Jun 04 @ 10:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)