Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: CUSTOM SKIN SERVICE - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
As I have been developing my skins for some time, I have decided to create a website dedicated to this.

I am currently designing the site and would like feedback on this idea.

I wish to help users with their skin development, problem solving and suggestions. I also wish to offer users the chance to have their very own custom made skin or skin components.

Posted Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 1:22 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
You plan on making this a service that people would pay for?

It sounds like a nice service, but... a pretty narrow niche market don't you think?

Maybe there are people out there that are willing to pay for this type of service. Tell us more. What kinds of fees would you charge, and what sorts of services would you have available?

Posted Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 7:02 pm
I love skinning, as do the friends that help me. People out there have difficulties doing what I love, and I want to help them make Virtual skins that fit their own ideals.

I hope to have an uploading section so people can submit their skins to us and get the exact assistance they need to complete their own skins.

I have had requests for a certain feature to be added to a skin I have made, or if I would consider making a certain skin.

There are certain parts of skining that are more difficult than others, such as rotation imaging. I (or we) hope to help people get these features in their work.

I haven't planned to charge, but will accept donations.

I am a full time carer for my disabled son, so I cannot get out much. I make skins for personal entertainment.

Posted Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 4:53 am
Sounds nice, format.

One thing that would be cool is for a group of talented graphic designers to create lots of photoshop groups, or elements that could be dropped into a skin, which might save people from reinventing the wheel. i.e. different sliders, knobs, buttons, etc, that could be easily modifed.

In the skin that I'm almost completed
(which you can view here: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/53249/Skins/Feedback_Wanted__1280x768_Video_DJ_Skin_-__Video_Vision_.html

I found that I had to repeat a lot of work every time I wanted a different version of a button, although most of the work was accomplished with effects. Are you proficient at using photshop scripting and such? I might have been able to save a lot of work if I knew more about how to create actions, instead of having done them manually all the time.

Posted Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 10:28 pm
hi there if u do this id be apreciative of it as im after a skin based on the sony DJ9000 Mixer and decks if u can do this plz email me @ *********** thanks m8

Posted Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 12:24 am
We are hoping to set up this service for licensed users. If you have a license, please enter it into your profile before making requests.

Thank you for your interest and we hope you decide to purchase this wonderful software, or update your profile*

(* as applicable)

Posted Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 11:38 pm
Introducing myself here. I am DJ Formats aid to skinning and appreciate all the support recieved from users regarding our work.

Posted Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 12:05 am
Looking for some help here...

I would like to see the sync buttons shown here:

to be in a CDJ-1000 style skin. Anyone? Thanks so much!!!!

Posted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 3:23 am
Also... have not really come in the skin sections before, but has anyone deveolped a way to add more effects? 3 per deck is "ok" but would love to see more. With all the sweet effects in the download area and all, it would be nice to see 4 or 5 per deck

Posted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 3:41 am
I'd love to be able to have more than three, but I don't think it's possible. Is it?

Posted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 9:52 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It isn't possible to have more than 3 effects in VDJ 3.4, but who knows in a near future?!?

Posted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 10:53 am
CHOPSTIX:

Got your buttons, is there anywhere in PAKY G's (very nice) skin you would like these buttons?

Mykel

PLEASE NOTE: Skin developers... We are not intending to rip off your skins, nor to belittle the many hours of work you have put into your skins. If any developer does not want their skin modified by us, please let us know. Perhaps you feel your work should remain as you intended or you would prefer to make any adjustments yourselves. If either of these is the case, please drop us a line and we will honour your requests.

All credit to previously posted skins will remain with the original developer.

Please, please, please keep up the good work you are doing. Having designed skins we are aware of the amount of hours required in these projects.

DJ Mykel
DJ Format

Posted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 3:19 pm
We love skinning, VIRTUAL DJ . WE ARE IN IT FOR THE LOVE OF SKINING

People out there have difficulties doing what I love, and I want to help them make Virtual skins that fit their own ideals.

There are certain parts of skining that are more difficult than others, such as rotation imaging. we hope to help people get these features in their work

DJ FORMAT
DJ MYKEL

Posted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 3:48 pm
NEW SKIN FROM DJ FORMAT AND DJ MYKEL Soon for VDJ V4.0

Posted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 4:08 pm
DJ_Mykel wrote :
CHOPSTIX:

Got your buttons, is there anywhere in PAKY G's (very nice) skin you would like these buttons?

Mykel

PLEASE NOTE: Skin developers... We are not intending to rip off your skins, nor to belittle the many hours of work you have put into your skins. If any developer does not want their skin modified by us, please let us know. Perhaps you feel your work should remain as you intended or you would prefer to make any adjustments yourselves. If either of these is the case, please drop us a line and we will honour your requests.

All credit to previously posted skins will remain with the original developer.

Please, please, please keep up the good work you are doing. Having designed skins we are aware of the amount of hours required in these projects.

DJ Mykel
DJ Format

I have like 6-7 varients of the CDJ1000 skin. Just want to make sure you aren't confusing it with the CDJ100S skin that Paky did. As far as placement, from what I see...I trust your best judgement ;)

Posted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 10:10 pm
Oops, looks like you have spotted a crossed wire. We will look out the 1000 skin and see what can be done.

DJ Format
DJ Mykel

Posted Sat 12 Aug 06 @ 2:15 am
DJ FORMAT wrote :
Oops, looks like you have spotted a crossed wire. We will look out the 1000 skin and see what can be done.

DJ Format
DJ Mykel

Thanks much! Right now just using the spacebar for sync...but would be nice to have the option to use the GUI

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 2:57 am
Here is a reviewed image....

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 7:05 pm
Lookin good... !

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 9:40 pm
But how would I select which deck is syncing with which? On the 700s skin, there are two lights?

Posted Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 2:05 am
54%