Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Website Design

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

MannasPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Does anybody know anywhere that will design a website for a decent price? I want to revamp my website for my production company and my dj website. If anybody knows where I can get it designed pretty cheap let me know. Thanks.

Posted Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 2:36 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I have done some webspace design in the past. Lets see what you got so far?

Posted Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 2:50 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 7:22 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i can do websites for hella cheap cause im still a student, and to be honest, its pastime for me- i've done a lot of small ones for friends. but major ones with contracts too...

im working on my own right now (couple hours worth of work thus far) http://www.tilaks.com/dj/

or a mediocre demo of my design is a dance team's... http://www.jhoomtishaam.com

let me know!
ktilak@gmail.com

Posted Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 12:27 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
if your gonna order a new template, try for a flash one, its a bit of a pain but looks alot better

Posted Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 3:44 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Piece of advice: Keep it clean, create a good navigation and if you use any images, let them have a meaning. Less is better in this case, and I approve Flash only when used to make a site more user friendly with a well-planned design.

Well, if you're buying the finished product, at least try to have these things in mind rather than good look.

Posted Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 10:44 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Also note that if you go for a flash site and don't have any flash skills, it normally cost more to update / change the site later.

If you are planning to add/update content on a regular basis i recommend a good and cheap CMS-system as the base for it. Like this: http://www.dimac.net/cms . They also have a small free version.

Posted Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 12:17 pm
Flash gets annoying for me personally; portfoliios can look very nice when flash is used but apart from that I prefer my pages mostly static. You'll also limit your audience using flash as not everyone chooses to install it. Also there's the cost associated with it as mentioned above.

Posted Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 7:55 pm
Thats is exactly what we do. Its called " Identity Branding ". We have clients the world over and thats because we are professional yet have low prices. Take a look at our site ( www.applied-designs.com ) and see if you would like something like this done. The cost would be well under $1,000.00 American. If you need any other help or this is not what you are looking for, we will still help you out without charging you any money. Hope this helps.

Posted Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 8:24 pm
Or you could install your own mambo cms for free.. it's open source afterall.

Posted Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 8:27 pm
MannasPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I appreciate the comments. I"ve got somebody currently working on it for me.

Posted Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 4:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)