Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Grounding Turntables??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kjamesHome userMember since 2006
Somewhere on the website i think it is the manual.....it says that the turntables with TCD's should be grounded to the PC being used. But grounding to the MIXER works just fine....with no fall with timecode quality. Can anyone explain this.

K

Posted Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 9:37 pm
kjames,

I gotta be honest with you. I can't explain this at all. I've grounded my tables to the mixer and my right TCV totally doesn't register with the software. The software tells me it cant find it. I've grounded the tt to my pc and still the same thing. I have not clue what's happening or why it works.

Sorry

SKG

Posted Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 10:21 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I think you first ground it on a mixer, than if you still have problems connect it to computer on some metal part, screw or something.

Posted Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 9:01 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You all have hit the mark. It is recommend from the manual to ground the TT to the PC/Laptop. That is for those that most likely are not using an external mixer. If using an external mixer then grounding to the mixer should be fine as well.

As for skgpage - if you swap your TTs is it always the TT on the right? Or, when you swap them does the left TT not get recognized? If the later then I would have to say there is a problem with the TT ground / the needle it's self or the wiring in the Tone Arm; several possibilities.

Hope this helps?!

cstoll

Posted Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 3:40 am
Thank for the reply and I'm truly sorry about the delayed response. In using the MAYA as just an audio output for sound, I noticed the right side is distorted and it appears to be a problem with the hardware. Hopefully the manufacture will honor their 1 year guarentee.

But I'm not going to put all my eggs in one basket. I will look at the other issues you wrote about.

Thanks cstoll.

Posted Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 7:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)