Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: M-Audio jump on the Virtual DJ software bandwagon

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cypressPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Link: http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=3257

Found this video on the new M-Audio DJ software and TCV, it looks like virtual DJ with an Ableton Live Skin. Another DJ app to add to the ever growing number… But this has ReWire : ) I hope we see this feature in VDJ4

Posted Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 3:51 am
This actually looks more like it would compete with the likes of Finalscratch or Serato. Its doesn't do video either. :)

Posted Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 7:43 am
KaymystPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I really like the fact that you can switch decks, so you only need 1 turntable.
Hope that'll be in vdj4.

Posted Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 6:44 pm
its already there in VDJ 3.4 ;)

So it will defititively still be there in 4.0 ...hehe

Posted Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 7:18 pm
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is it possible to make VDJ 4.0 rewire application? I would love to run VDJ through Ableton and drop loops in perfect sync.

I buy a lot of loops from M-audio and acid, is there a way to import them into VDJ's sampler without have to record them in? What Audio form are VDJ's samples?

Posted Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 10:30 pm
vidanesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
You can definitely import loops without having to record them; as long as they are in any of the VDJ supported formats (wma, mp3...) You just need to load them from the sample box by clicking in the options button and locating the file.

I usually keep all the samples that I edit with another software in the C:Program Files-VirtualDJ-Samples folder and organise them in several sub-folders. That way I can identify vocals, beats, tunes... easily

Let me know if this works for you or I could give you more directions.

:-)

Posted Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 11:58 pm
I really like the fact that you can switch decks, so you only need 1 turntable.
Hope that'll be in vdj4.

how do you do that in vdj 3.4?

also does anyone know if you can get the timecoded vinyl in the states anywhere?

Posted Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 12:28 am
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I was able to load the loops thank you

Posted Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 6:03 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
you can get TCV in the states, its easy, go to products menu at the top of the website.

that toruq program has one vital feature VDJ does not.............

'where it would have been'

theres gotta be a proper word for it but im talking about a loop exit that returns the song position not to where it was when the loop was stareted but 'where it would have been'

the only way to exit a loop and keep the correct timing in VDJ is ether use a long loop and loop it a few times or if your doing a fast loop use a cue point

Posted Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 1:57 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
oh and another feature its got that i suggested for VDJ is quick assign to deck of the traditional scratch noises so you dont have to load up a different mp3 in a deck when its essentialy just a tiny loop over and over again, also that way it never gets to the end of the scratch vinyl

Posted Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 11:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)